News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on November 19, 2012, 09:23:10 PM
Beckham is leaving LA after the Dec 1 final.

Thats not surprising, he is almost my age, he should be glad his career has lasted as long as it has.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

He said he's not retiring from the game yet.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

My money is on a big 1 year contract in China to get some fund to buy his MLS team.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Fairplay is not a word in the Ukranian vocabulary it seems. What a douchebag move. :D
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Or wait, Adriano is not Ukranian, just a douche.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Quote from: Liep on November 20, 2012, 03:47:20 PM
Fairplay is not a word in the Ukranian vocabulary it seems. What a douchebag move. :D

Yeah that was amazing.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Pedrito

Quote from: Liep on November 20, 2012, 03:48:57 PM
Or wait, Adriano is not Ukranian, just a douche.
I did not see it (watching Juventus pounding the remains of Chelsea  :menace:); what happened?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

FunkMonk

I enjoyed watching Chelsea getting completely outclassed by Juve. Good work Pedrito.  :bowler:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

I don't think I've seen a douchier move in soccer. Ever.

What happened was that the DAnish team put the ball out of play when a Shaktar player got hurt. In the ensuing play, the ref played a drop ball and the Shaktar player, as is the case, simply booted the ball to the Danish team's zone so they can start the play. But to the dismay of the Danish team, Adriano picked the ball up alone near the Danish penalty box and ran at the confused goalkeeper and scored on him.

wait...here it is, for now.:

http://youtu.be/OyNmMRUYvis?t=30s
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Shakhtar's coach has apologised for the incident, but dismisses any UEFA sanctions against his team. Even if he demanded exactly that when something similar happened against his team when they played Barcelona some years back.

Pedrito

Well, I've seen throw-ins not "given back" after the ball was kicked outside following some injury, and many other cases of lack of fair play; but this one... well, it is worse than them all. Like Shakhtar needed that goal to defeat poor Nordsjaelland   :mad:

Adriano wins Football Douche of the Year. Oh no, that award is firmly in Ronaldo's grasp  :P

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Tamas

DiMatteo quit/got sacked.  :huh:

Abramovich is a douchebag. I never had a big opinion on DiMatteo's tactical skills, but he won the CL, the FA Cup, he kept us going high in the League and well within reach of CL progression until this month-long bad run, and now he is gone. Somebody should tell the crazy Russian that shit happens.

I mean, Arsenal has been in a rough patch for like 6 years and they still keep Arse around

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.