News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 22, 2012, 12:50:43 PM
What are the chances At. Madrid win the league this year? I see they're even on points with Barcelona.

Zero. It will be a two-horse race as usual between us and Real Madrid. Atlético are doing very well but they don't have the depth to sustain a challenge against the star-studded squads of us two. Falcao has been carrying them and an injury or sudden drop of form means they start dropping points often.

FunkMonk

Thanks.  :)

I don't get to watch La Liga anymore since BeIn Sports bought the rights here and my cable company doesn't carry it.  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Really annoying thing is BeIn also have the rights in Canada (including for Serie A) and BeIn isn't carried by anyone in Canada. :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

The last round of bidding for the English Premier League rights for 2013-onward in the US ended this week. The only two left are NBC and BeIN Sports.

I am going to miss Ian Darke and Macca on ESPN Saturday mornings. ESPN has such great coverage. :(

Ed Anger

There went soccer's gain in the states.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 26, 2012, 09:43:21 PM
The last round of bidding for the English Premier League rights for 2013-onward in the US ended this week. The only two left are NBC and BeIN Sports.

I am going to miss Ian Darke and Macca on ESPN Saturday mornings. ESPN has such great coverage. :(
NBC would pay about $83 million a year, more than triple what Fox Soccer currently pays.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

I'm not a fan of FOX Soccer so I'm happy about not having to see Warren Barton and company anymore.  :yucky:

ESPN, on the other hand, has been great the past couple of years. Hopefully NBC will expand on their example.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 26, 2012, 09:54:09 PM
There went soccer's gain in the states.

If Qatari-owned BeIn Sport somehow gets the rights I will declare jihad on Qatar.

FunkMonk

Also, there goes the dream of hearing Joe Buck commentate a soccer game.  :weep:

:lol:

Ed Anger

I enjoyed the leg sweep by the QPR player today.

celedhring

What possessed me to watch Stoke - Sunderland today? I have seen dogs chasing a balloon giving a better show than the "football" on display this afternoon.

The Britannia Stadium is like the Bermuda Triangle, sucking football and making it disappear without a trace.

Ed Anger

Liverpool got robbed there at the end.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 28, 2012, 10:30:41 AM

That game was LOL. There is no such thing as a dull game when Luis Suarez is playing.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 28, 2012, 10:31:50 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 28, 2012, 10:30:41 AM

That game was LOL. There is no such thing as a dull game when Luis Suarez is playing.

I was halfway expecting a shattered ankle sometime during the game.

Also Suarez pocketing the coin thrown at him? Priceless.

Tamas

what a fucking cheating referee. The sooner Ferguson is retired/dead the better.