News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clandestino

Quote from: Josephus on September 11, 2012, 04:50:43 PM
Well a 2-0 loss, right in injury time, is almost an upset.

Now I feel somewhat better about last friday's Portuguese 2-1 win against Luxembourg.

Josephus

And Canada sux, and no referee to blame it on. :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on September 12, 2012, 08:00:41 AM
And Canada sux, and no referee to blame it on. :mad:

It's the man team right?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Krohn-Dehli gets his first goal in Spain. And is that Comic Sans on Celta's jerseys? :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Liep on September 15, 2012, 01:37:07 PM
Krohn-Dehli gets his first goal in Spain. And is that Comic Sans on Celta's jerseys? :P

Not sure, but it seems they put the names of 10,000 fans on their jerseys:

http://footballfashion.org/wordpress/2012/06/04/celta-de-vigo-li-ning-201213-home-jersey/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on September 15, 2012, 02:02:41 PM
Quote from: Liep on September 15, 2012, 01:37:07 PM

Not sure, but it seems they put the names of 10,000 fans on their jerseys:

That's kind of cool.

... and they're sponsored by a Chinese brand!

FunkMonk

So Liverpool puff piece 'Being: Liverpool' premiers today on FOX in the USA. FOX must be fucking pissed at Liverpool being such crap at the start of the season. I'm sure they were hoping that they start the season on fire instead of having the worst start in over 100 years. Fuck you FOX. :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josephus

Quote from: Pedrito on September 19, 2012, 03:44:49 PM
Quagliarella :wub:

L.

As a neutral, I'm glad I picked the right games to watch this week. Watched the Madrid Man City game yesterday and the Chelea Juve game today. Both good games to watch.
Civis Romanus Sum

FunkMonk

FunkMonk

I know that not everyone got the same commentary I did for the Man City - Arsenal game this past weekend but when Arsenal conceded a goal on a corner the English color commentator when apoplectic about zonal marking and how terrible it is. Dude went on for the whole game complaining about zonal marking. I wanted to throw my remote through the TV.

Anyway, a good piece by Michael Cox on why it's not that easy to dismiss zonal marking on corners.  :)  http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/tacticsandanalysis/id/225?cc=5901

Josephus

Must have had the same feed as you. Funny thing is the play by play guy asked him "what is it exactly about zonal marking you don't like" and his response was very vague and wishy washy.
Civis Romanus Sum