News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

Quote from: Viking on August 31, 2012, 01:00:32 PMArsenal needs that more than any other team in the league given that the rest of the squad are little boys who can only go forward. (not to mention van Persie is gone).

Our problem is that our midfield needs three people who can all play with the ball; a Scott Parker type one-dimensional attack dog will not do. There aren't many of these players around who are for sale.

That said, Arteta has done quite well as the deep midfielder, even against the physical clout of stoke. Diaby's the one who's being allowed to push forward. I would love Etienne Capoue at Arsenal, he's strong and can pass the ball.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Tamas

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

I was hoping Chelsea would buy Falcao at halftime.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Warspite on August 31, 2012, 08:09:19 AM
I really hope it is not the case that Wenger thinks Song does not need replacing.  <_<

lol
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Warspite

Fucking hell, once again our midfield is one injury away from disaster. I am going to start sacrificing colleagues to make Wilshere come back from injury quicker so he can be LIKE A NEW SIGNING
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 02, 2012, 09:48:05 AM
LOLpool.   :lol:

It was a delightful game.

Although my favorite bit was some of the post-game banter on FSC.

Rough summary
Warren Barton: "I have some good things to say about Arsenal for once."
Host: "No fuck that lets talk about how shitty Liverpool was."
Me:  :lol:

FunkMonk

Joe Allen looks like he needs to cross the Shire to get to Mount Doom.

Warspite

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josquius

Quote from: Warspite on August 31, 2012, 12:45:30 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 31, 2012, 08:42:17 AM
My team just got a Korean striker on loan for Arsenal. Arkie, know anything about him? I see that he barely played during his only season there.

He played about 15 minutes (including at a game I was at - a Carling Cup game against Shrewsbury). Without question, he is one of the most mind-boggling transfers ever made by a top-flight football team.

But, he seems to deliver for the national team. So it's all the more confusing. I hope he gets back on track at your place.
I can't help but wonder whether a large part of teams signing players from countries not traditionally associated with football isn't partially at least to do with advertising and marketing the team in those countries.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

LeBron, Kanye,and Jay-Z inbound to Anfield.  :lol:

QuoteNBA superstar LeBron offers Sin City celebration for Liverpool players... if they land silverware!
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 03:11 EST, 3 September 2012 | UPDATED: 03:17 EST, 3 September 2012
Comments (31)

NBA superstar LeBron James has handed Liverpool players a huge incentive to get their season on track and land silverware this season: a massive party in Las Vegas.
Brendan Rodgers is under scrutiny after the Merseyside club landed just one point from their opening three games, but the Miami Heat star made a promise to captain Steven Gerrard in the summer which he intends to keep.
James has vowed to give the players a lavish party they will never forget in Sin City, co-hosted by his pal, rap star Kanye West.

Party time: Rodgers' players will be given a huge celebration - if they win a trophy

LeBron told The Sun: 'I spent some time with Steven Gerrard and he is passionate about his team.
'Everybody in sport needs incentive and if the guys at Liverpool win something this year I will give them the best weekend of their life in Vegas.
'Kanye is in and trust me, nobody does Vegas like LeBron and Kanye.'
LeBron added: 'We will take them to places in Vegas 99 per cent of people don't even know exist. There is Vegas and then there is Vegas.'
He plans to visit Anfield this season with Kanye and his other big hip-hop pal Jay-Z to meet the players again.
It's 17 months since James signed a deal with owners Fenway Sports Group to take a minority shareholding in the Merseyside club who have floundered despite massive investment in new players.

Sin City: James has promised a party of a lifetime in Las Vegas

But he has revealed he will jet to England to watch Liverpool play at some stage this season. And he's bringing some high-profile friends, too.
LeBron said: 'I am coming over to see a game soon with Kanye and Jay-Z so maybe we can talk more about the trip then.
'From a business point of view if Liverpool do well, I do well, so it is in my interest to offer this incentive.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2197471/LeBron-James-offers-Liverpool-players-Las-Vegas-party-win-silverware.html#ixzz25SSZNkZA