News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Liep on June 18, 2012, 10:21:12 AM
Drogba's pay next year in China is £200.000. What. The. Fuck.

:o  :lol:

Is that more than The Russian was paying him?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 18, 2012, 05:14:36 PM
Quote from: Liep on June 18, 2012, 10:21:12 AM
Drogba's pay next year in China is £200.000. What. The. Fuck.

:o  :lol:

Is that more than The Russian was paying him?

I forgot to add per week.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Yeah, I figured that was understood. :P
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

I thought that would've been the highest paid footballer ever... but apparently only highest in China. This is more crazy than I could imagine, Messi gets over half a million pounds a week.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Quote from: Liep on June 18, 2012, 05:39:59 PM
I thought that would've been the highest paid footballer ever... but apparently only highest in China. This is more crazy than I could imagine, Messi gets over half a million pounds a week.
Isn't Eto'o the highest paid footballer for some Russian team in Dagestan? :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 18, 2012, 06:53:36 PM
Isn't Eto'o the highest paid footballer for some Russian team in Dagestan? :blink:

He could be, I'm just baffled about the wages as I hadn't any clue they had risen so high.

katmai

Quote from: Liep on June 19, 2012, 05:29:26 AM

He could be, I'm just baffled about the wages as I hadn't any clue they had risen so high.

The top stars are coming to same lvl as American team sports, yet they all still trail Boxers, Golfers and Tennis players :lol:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on June 18, 2012, 05:39:59 PM

Yup, Eto'o is the highest paid player in the world, 20 million € per season.

Btw, I always get confused with footballers' pay being declared as weekly. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Zanza

What happens if a year has 53 weeks?

As far as I know you also pay your landlord weekly rates in England, no? Do you get your salary weekly as well?

The Larch

Quote from: Zanza on June 19, 2012, 11:40:12 AM

As far as I know you also pay your landlord weekly rates in England, no? Do you get your salary weekly as well?

I was told that it's a holdout from the times of industrialization, as factory workers were paid weekly, but I'm not sure how true it is.

Zanza

Quote from: The Larch on June 19, 2012, 11:48:45 AM
I was told that it's a holdout from the times of industrialization, as factory workers were paid weekly, but I'm not sure how true it is.
That seems to be quite stressful for payroll accounting.

Warspite

Quote from: Zanza on June 19, 2012, 11:40:12 AM

Eh, we pay monthly and get paid monthly.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josquius

Yeah, I only encountered weekly payments when I was temping as a labourer. And collecting the dole. Usually monthly.
██████
██████
██████

Gups

It anachronistic.

It used to be that if you were in a manual job you got paid weekly and if you were in a clerical or professional job, monthly.

Professional football was a working class job and so was always paid on a weekly basis. That's the story in England anyway, not sure why other countries do the same.

The Larch

Quote from: Gups on June 20, 2012, 08:32:49 AM
It anachronistic.

It used to be that if you were in a manual job you got paid weekly and if you were in a clerical or professional job, monthly.

Professional football was a working class job and so was always paid on a weekly basis. That's the story in England anyway, not sure why other countries do the same.

But are footballers really paid weekly or is it just the way it is traditionally reported by the press? AFAIK player's wages are only quoted as weekly in England, I guess it's the same in the rest of the UK.