News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta' say, despite all this, and despite the players clearly liking him, DiMatteo shouldn't stay. Bad tactics. There was no need for giving up the midfield without a fight. EVERY TIME Chelsea decided to fight and attack they were an even match for Bayern.

Sheilbh

:(

I do like di Matteo though, if Chelsea sack him he clearly deserves a lot better than West Brom.

Edit:  Also you've got to feel for Spurs who were so much better in the league.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 19, 2012, 06:40:17 PM
:(

I do like di Matteo though, if Chelsea sack him he clearly deserves a lot better than West Brom.

Edit:  Also you've got to feel for Spurs who were so much better in the league.

Congrats to Drogba F.C. A big last hurrah for the last remnants of Mourinho's Chelsea.

I also feel a little bad for Tottenham. I would have liked to have seen American Hero Brad Friedel in the Champions League. He's so old now it's unlikely he'll get another chance. :( :(

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

well, it's not often that an English team beats the Germans on penalties. :bowler:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 19, 2012, 07:31:25 PM

I also feel a little bad for Tottenham. I would have liked to have seen American Hero Brad Friedel in the Champions League. He's so old now it's unlikely he'll get another chance. :( :(

Why i was rooting for bayern. fucking krauts.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Wtf is this!? USA is up 5 -1 against the brutish Scots.  :lol: :lol:

Scotland is seriously shit. US looks like Spain here. American Messi Landon Donovan has a hat trick. Whatever Michael Bradley is drinking at Chievo it makes him play like Xabi Alonso.  :lol: Even jermaine jones has a goal. :lmfao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hp2E6DdIvk&feature=colike

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

katmai

Looking forward to seeing how this US squad does vs the Brazilians even if this is just a friendly.

FunkMonk

Expecting a 2-0 or 3-0 loss, honestly. I'd just like to see a good run out from the team.

FunkMonk

Well 2-0 in 24 minutes. Back to earth it seems.

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 30, 2012, 07:42:49 PM

It's all your fault for not believing.  <_<

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

FunkMonk

Quote from: katmai on May 30, 2012, 07:43:19 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 30, 2012, 07:42:49 PM

It's all your fault for not believing.  <_<

Ever since we lost to Iran in '98 I've been pretty sober about USMNT prospects.  :(

PDH

That was a pretty counter/take advantage of the Brazil flop.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM