And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Warspite on April 27, 2012, 06:45:37 AM
I wonder if Arsenal are lining up a cheeky bid for Fabregas. :D

It would be really really funny if Arsenal paid up for Cesc before Barca finishes paying for him.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Warspite

We could call it evens and save them the wage bill.

Fabregas seems to be struggling slightly to adapt to Barca's more patient game. It would be a shame if Cesc's ability to play quick balls and thrive in a free role is coached out of him. It is, after all, what got Spain that goal in the World Cup final.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Josephus

Guardiola.....future manager of England. Perhaps. Hmmmmm?

Or Liverpool maybe

Chelsea?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on April 27, 2012, 08:55:37 AM
Guardiola.....future manager of England. Perhaps. Hmmmmm?

Or Liverpool maybe

Chelsea?

Guardiola is a guy who can't deal with players taller than 6'. Explaining to 23 players with the mental and social abilities of wayne rooney that they are not supposed to try and get the ball into the box and score might be too much for a non-native and non-yob speaker.

Trying to get the best out of Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Ramires et.al. might not be possible for a man who doesn't believe their skills are of true value.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

So where does he go from here? Italy? Inter perhaps or Juve?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on April 27, 2012, 09:08:42 AM

Replace del bosque?

The Larch

Theoretically he's taking a sabbatical year next season.

Pedrito

Quote from: Josephus on April 27, 2012, 09:08:42 AM
Juventus does not need him  :sleep:

It is very possible that he will come to Italy: knows the language, has played some time here, and Inter's and Milan's owners are courting him since some time.

An english club does not seem a likely destination, more probably the spanish national team, if Del Bosque leaves after Euro '12.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Ed Anger

Watching an Arsenal game is just painful. Best part of the game was the Stoke fans mocking Wenger at the end of the game.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 28, 2012, 11:07:29 AM
Best part of the game was the Stoke fans mocking Wenger at the end of the game.
Yeah I loved that :lol:

Also, Jelavic :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Watching an Arsenal game is just painful. Best part of the game was the Stoke fans mocking Wenger at the end of the game.

Arsenal games are usually either breathlessly entertaining or boredom defined depending on how well the other team defends and if Arsenal decide to give a shit.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 28, 2012, 11:27:22 AM

Arsenal games are usually either breathlessly entertaining or boredom defined depending on how well the other team defends and if Arsenal decide to give a shit.
Stoke games on the other hand...
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Stoke wouldn't look out of place in the NFC East.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 28, 2012, 11:27:22 AM

I've discovered that they numb the mind and I should avoid them.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive