News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Ramos misses, Schweinsteiger will win it if he gets this one.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

GOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!

We get a dago free final!

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

FunkMonk

Congrats Bayern Munich Eastern Conference Champions 2011-2012

Both Spanish teams out  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Viking

as gary lineker said

QuoteFootball is a game of two halves, between 2 sides of 11 men, and at the end of the game Germany win on penalties.

Josephus

I repeat what I said yesterday---Is there anything better than Champions League Football. Other than searching for Scarlett Johansson's G-spot, I think not.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

Kaka 65 million euros
Ronaldo 94 million euros
Being German in a penalty shootout Priceless

Valdemar

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 24, 2012, 06:32:09 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 24, 2012, 06:22:20 PM

Isn't a lot of this what Bielsa tends to do?  Play a fast skilful midfielder in defence because they're often able to read the game better, are quicker and more skilful, but also able to start an attack from defence very, very quickly. 

Sorta like Mascherano now.

Agger when he is fit

V

The Larch

I'm soooooooo thankful to Bayern and Chelsea for kicking the Spanish teams out. The coming weeks would have been unbearable if either of them had qualified, and I can't even begin to imagine the possibility of both going through.

Syt

I know some Bayern-haters (they're the Yankees of the Bundesliga - the team people love to hate) who  are rextremely annoyed that Bayern will be the first team (and probably the only one for a long time) that will play the final in their own stadium.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

At least they will take comfort in the fact of them losing the final in their own stadium!

Pedrito

Quote from: Syt on April 26, 2012, 03:40:36 AM
I know some Bayern-haters (they're the Yankees of the Bundesliga - the team people love to hate) who  are rextremely annoyed that Bayern will be the first team (and probably the only one for a long time) that will play the final in their own stadium.
It happened two times before, Real Madrid at Bernabeu and Internazionale at San Siro in the Sixties, if we count the Champions Cup.

I'll be in Munich on saturday, I think lots of people will be still suffering from hangovers  ;)

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

Quote from: Pedrito on April 26, 2012, 04:29:16 AM
It happened two times before, Real Madrid at Bernabeu and Internazionale at San Siro in the Sixties, if we count the Champions Cup.

But not in Champions League. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Pedrito

The Champions League is a monstrous creature of Blatter, and has no dignity of existence.

Especially if Juventus FC doesn't play in it  :P

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on April 26, 2012, 04:48:55 AM
The Champions League is a monstrous creature of Blatter, and has no dignity of existence.

Especially if Juventus FC doesn't play in it  :P

L.

So next year it'll be a glorious competition, right?  ;)