And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Not enough shots of Chelsea's physio.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

QuoteFox networks to televise 9 EPL games on May 13

NEW YORK (AP) -- Fox's cable networks and digital services will televise nine of the 10 Premier League games on May 13 live in the U.S.

Fox said it will broadcast matches on FX, SPEED, FSN, FUEL TV, Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus, with one simulcast on FOX Deportes. One game will be available on FoxSoccer.com and two on Fox Soccer 2Go.

The 10th game will be on ESPN2 under that network's sublicense.

All games on what Fox is calling "Survival Sunday'' start at 10 a.m. EDT. Games have not yet been assigned to specific networks.

The final day of the season could see the league title decided and which teams are being relegated to the second-tier League Championship. The schedule includes Chelsea-Blackburn, Everton-Newcastle, Manchester City-Queens Park Rangers, Norwich-Aston Villa, Sunderland-Manchester United, Tottenham-Fulham, West Bromwich Albion-Arsenal, Wigan-Wolverhampton, Stoke-Bolton and Swansea-Liverpool.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

QuoteSPEED

OH MAH GOD, WHAT IS THIS SOCCER SHIT? WHERE IS DW? BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 20, 2012, 06:25:51 AM
QuoteSPEED

This time Fox has gone TOO FAR. It was sacrilegious enough when they played tape-delayed Premier League games before/after NFL games last year. 

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 20, 2012, 04:23:48 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 20, 2012, 06:25:51 AM
QuoteSPEED

This time Fox has gone TOO FAR. It was sacrilegious enough when they played tape-delayed Premier League games before/after NFL games last year.

I was slightly offended when they got their peanut butter in my chocolate.

katmai

Hey Ed, did you know that King James is minority owner of Liverpool?

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on April 21, 2012, 12:15:09 AM
Hey Ed, did you know that King James is minority owner of Liverpool?

No.  :mad:

Ed Anger

I had the extreme misfortune of watching part the Arsenal-Chelsea game. Woooooo, what a borefest.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 21, 2012, 01:18:13 PM
I had the extreme misfortune of watching part the Arsenal-Chelsea game. Woooooo, what a borefest.

I got up at 6:45 to watch that shit godamn

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 21, 2012, 01:31:21 PM

:XD:

FunkMonk

For those of you interested in lower division American soccer (:lol:), my completely new local team played its first game in Atlanta and produced this video. Judging by the music and the quality of the video they timetraveled back to 1992 just for this game.

We proceeded to get stomped 4-0 by Puerto Rico Islanders in our home opener. I was not present.  :(

Josephus

Toronto FC's off to a flying 0-6 start to the season. :Embarrass:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 21, 2012, 01:31:21 PM

try 3:45am here :P

Josephus

Today's game was worth getting up for.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum