News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 15, 2012, 03:48:15 PM
Tears? Over a sport I'm watching to keep my mind off other things? Silly Gyppos.  :lol:

Preparing your retreat from the inevitable, ha?

Josephus

Liverpool will win. They're destined. Kenny's last hurrah.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on April 15, 2012, 05:27:59 PM
Tears? Over a sport I'm watching to keep my mind off other things? Silly Gyppos.  :lol:

Believe what you want, beet boy. I'll just turn off your stupid off for awhile.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on April 15, 2012, 05:32:29 PM
Liverpool will win. They're destined. Kenny's last hurrah.

Personally I'd like Liverpool to win and then Newcastle to pip Spurs and Chelsea for 4th.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 15, 2012, 07:34:55 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 15, 2012, 05:27:59 PM

Believe what you want, beet boy. I'll just turn off your stupid off for awhile.

You have become so emo lately.

katmai

like Tamas all class....
QuoteLONDON —

Chelsea says a section of its fans "embarrassed" the club by singing and jeering during a minute's silence to pay respects to the 96 victims of the Hillsborough Stadium disaster in 1989 and the death of Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini.

The jeering occurred before kickoff in Sunday's FA Cup semifinal at Wembley Stadium.

Chelsea released a statement saying the club "is extremely disappointed that a very small minority of fans embarrassed the club today by not honoring the moment's silence."

Interim Chelsea manager Roberto di Matteo added that he was "extremely disappointed" by the fans' actions.

Morosini collapsed and died Saturday after suffering a heart attack during a Serie B game in Italy.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Heh, that is about the club acknowledging embarrasment over those assholes.

It's not like I became a fan because of the Shed end of the stadium

FunkMonk

QuoteAntonio Di Natale says Udinese have promised to take care of the sister of Piermario Morosini, who died during a Serie B game on Saturday. Morosini, who was 25 years old, was on loan from Udinese at Livorno when he suffered a cardiac arrest playing against Pescara.

The former Italy Under-21 international is survived by his severely disabled older sister. His mother passed away when he was 15, his father died soon after and his disabled brother killed himself.

Udinese's captain Di Natale said: "We know the situation of his sister and we as a team, the club, and Udinese for Life have decided to help her because she is in real need. It is essential to stay by the side of Piermario's sister for her entire life. She needs us and we want to help, both for her and for Mario.

"When I saw the scene on the TV it was immediately clear that it was something serious. It was a very bad moment. He was an exceptional lad, so full of life. Despite all the problems he had, he was always at the disposal of the team and every day he gave us all strength."

The Italian Football Association (FIGC) cancelled all Serie A fixtures in the wake of Morosini's death.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/16/udinese-piermario-morosini-di-natale

So sad all around. Brother was a suicide, mom and dad died early in his life, and he was taking care of his disabled sister by himself. Good to see Udinese step up and look after his sister.  :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

katmai

And yet Tamas would have booed the moment of silence for him.

Despicable!

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on April 16, 2012, 08:38:49 PM
And yet Tamas would have booed the moment of silence for him.

Despicable!

oh ha-ha! :P

Warspite

Paid £39 to watch 8 minutes of Arsenal comedy defending, 82 minutes of Wigan timewasting, and 90 minutes of woeful Arsenal attacking.  :glare:  :grr: :ultra: :bash: :weep:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Tamas

katmai

Tamas

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011