News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

Quote from: Gups on March 13, 2012, 11:07:48 AM
Don't see what's cool about the name Blackburn Rovers (mayeb echos of the Beatles song in your mind?).

Tottenham Hotspur is a good name.

Others:

Aston Villa
Leyton Orient
Accrington Stanley
Nottingham Forest

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Brazen

Quote from: Warspite on March 13, 2012, 05:17:41 PM
Accrington Stanley? Who are they?
Exactly!

Now drink your milk.

Josquius

Quote from: Gups on March 13, 2012, 10:28:58 AM
Spurs has always been a very well supported club in London and the south-east, just not much abroad. They play decent, attractive football, are run very well and have some really decent players. Shame their fans are a bund of whining twats and the ground is such a pain in the arse to get to.

IMO there are only two good reasons for supporting a football club (1) your Dad makes you (2) they are your local professional team.

It's a lottery. And if, like me, you end up with a shitty club it's an early lesson in life that you will have to put up with misery, incompetence and mediocrity punctuated with moments of sheer joy and camaraderie. 

No problem with furriners liking English teams and enjoying them, but frankly none of you are supporters no matter how much you know about the club, how long you've been following them and how many comedy jester hats in club colours you've got. If you don't go to the games, you ain't a fan.

:lol:
Sign me up for both.

Though I do disagree a bit. Its not foreigners fault they were born that way. Though I do have a lot more respect for those who start supporting odd teams because they had a certain player from their country or they saw them play once or somesuch than those who just go "I like....Uhhh...Man Utd cos they always win!"
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Gomez four goals against Basel mean that he shot 72 goals in the last 72 competitive games for Bayern.

katmai

Are Tamas's pants a Bandwagoning dairy factory?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

HA!

Take THAT, Chelsea haters! :P

Great game. The defense is still sucky, Torres would miss from the goal line, but great spirit and resolve, and England's face saved in the CL.

Sheilbh

:(

Whatever happened to Italians?
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 14, 2012, 05:32:37 PM
:(

Whatever happened to Italians?

Well...there's not too many that play for Napoli, for one. ;)

As a Napoli fan, was very disappointed. Their defence, as per usual, sucked, but also they were unable to get anything going from their holy trinity. Hamsik, especially, was invisible.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

That Napoli choke job was epic.  :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Gups

Drogba needs to be banned for a significant number of matches. I absolutely hate that type of playacting.

Only watched extra time and enjoyed it. Both sides really went at it although I can't imagine a Mourinho Chelsea team continuing to attack after scoring. Napoli looked more like an English side than an Italian one.

Ref sucked

Tamas

Quote from: Gups on March 15, 2012, 07:22:10 AM
Drogba needs to be banned for a significant number of matches. I absolutely hate that type of playacting.

Only watched extra time and enjoyed it. Both sides really went at it although I can't imagine a Mourinho Chelsea team continuing to attack after scoring. Napoli looked more like an English side than an Italian one.

Ref sucked

Drogba's acting can be ridiculous and I hate it. For a while he cut back on it, but looks to be back in it with a full swing. But he is a great striker DESPITE his schenangians, not because of them. Plus, the Italians were doing the same when they were ahead, so I don't care much.
The camera catching Drogba peeking out of his "agony" was priceless.

The Mourinho-era Chelse would had indeed started to defend at 2-0. And you know what? It would had stayed 2-0. I am glad this Chelsea didn't stand back though, because this defense, is not the Mourinho-era defense and they would had been teared apart.

Gups

Luiz would never get into a Mouringo team.

I think this is Drogba's last season for Chelsea. He's improved lately and looked good last night but he's definately not the player he was.

Josephus

In other news...Toronto FC upset the Galaxy and qualify for the semi-final of the Concacaf Champions League :) :cheers:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josephus on March 15, 2012, 08:17:18 AM
In other news...Toronto FC upset the Galaxy and qualify for the semi-final of the Concacaf Champions League :) :cheers:

I missed that game.

I watched Santos-Seattle for the first half but left when it was still close. Apparently Santos went on to win 6-1.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Quote from: Gups on March 15, 2012, 07:49:22 AM
Luiz would never get into a Mouringo team.

I think this is Drogba's last season for Chelsea. He's improved lately and looked good last night but he's definately not the player he was.

Luiz is like a huge wild card. He just can't control himself. Moments of brilliance and reckless asshatery - you never know what he will do next.
I can't help but admire him somewhat.