Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 26, 2022, 01:49:37 PM
This seems quite significant from Chelsea:
Statement from Club Owner Roman Abramovich

The following statement has been published...

During my nearly 20-year ownership of Chelsea FC, I have always viewed my role as a custodian of the Club, whose job it is ensuring that we are as successful as we can be today, as well as build for the future, while also playing a positive role in our communities. I have always taken decisions with the Club's best interest at heart. I remain committed to these values. That is why I am today giving trustees of Chelsea's charitable Foundation the stewardship and care of Chelsea FC.

I believe that currently they are in the best position to look after the interests of the Club, players, staff, and fans.

I suspect it has zero practical significance in terms of ownership and thus decision making.

Despite being a Chelsea fan I would favour the club be confiscated from him. And I hope the Chelsea fans at least and ideally players too will do pro-Ukraine demonstrations tomorrow. It's going to be against Liverpool, it absolutely will be aired in Russia.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2022, 03:20:36 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 26, 2022, 02:28:24 PM
Invalidate their wins since Roman took over. Liquidate the club. Give the money to Ukrainian war widows. Everyone wins.

:( Do the players and fans get to live and keep their property?

Send their players to other league teams via a draft. Ban supporting Chelsea FC. All Chelsea-related merchandise should be confiscated and sold and the money given to fund pensions for Ukraine's war wounded and disabled. Everyone wins.

Arsenal have dibs on Kante.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 26, 2022, 04:42:09 PM
Sold to whom?  :shifty:
We've got the Saudis and the Emiratis, a shady Chinese conglomerate and obviously the oligarch/oligarch adjacent owners - I'm not sure whose left in the world's rogue's gallery to buy a Premier League club? Maybe Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos, ExxonMobil? :hmm: :(
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Admiral Yi

FunkMonk

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Squires' fondness for Gunnersaurus is truly endearing.  :lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on February 26, 2022, 05:10:54 PM
Squires' fondness for Gunnersaurus is truly endearing.  :lol:
It's one of my favourite recurring bits - up there with emo-Mourinho.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Sheilbh

FIFA going to FIFA:
QuotePA Dugout
@PAdugout
#Breaking Russia must play 'home' matches on neutral territory with no fans, flag or anthem and under the name 'Football Union of Russia (RFU)' until further notice, FIFA has announced
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 27, 2022, 02:28:09 PM
FIFA going to FIFA:
QuotePA Dugout
@PAdugout
#Breaking Russia must play 'home' matches on neutral territory with no fans, flag or anthem and under the name 'Football Union of Russia (RFU)' until further notice, FIFA has announced

They did an IOC :bleeding:

Josquius

They could at least make the name more of a punishment.
"The very naughty boys formerly known as Russia"
██████
██████
██████

Maladict

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 27, 2022, 03:09:17 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on February 27, 2022, 02:28:09 PM
FIFA going to FIFA:
QuotePA Dugout
@PAdugout

They did an IOC :bleeding:

Poland is not having it, still refusing to play the Russians. Good on them.