News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

It pays to shop around. I know F1 costs a fortune in the UK too so a guy I know subscribes to the Czech service with a vpn, it has the option for English language anyway.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on February 16, 2022, 09:46:28 AM
It pays to shop around. I know F1 costs a fortune in the UK too so a guy I know subscribes to the Czech service with a vpn, it has the option for English language anyway.
:lol: Yes. I swear there was a spate of pubs buying some box to get Cypriot football coverage which had all the CL and PL for next to nothing - until Sky started sending round inspection teams and suing people.

In my area almost all of the barbershops show football - and I'm almost certain none of them are paying for the Sky business subscription (which is something like £1,000 a month).
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Football coverage is a mess here, with the French Football League furthermore screwing up badly with a deal too good to be true with Jaume Roure's Mediapro, previously rejected by Serie A bodies, which ended up in a disaster.

So it's between Amazon Prime for most of la Ligue des Tas Lents, BeIN sports for Bundesliga, Serie A and La Liga plus some games of Ligue des Tas Lents (don't ask). Then it's SFR, internet provider, for EPL and the Portuguese League plus most CL games; some end up in BeIN. Not to mention Canal+ having every now and then top Ligue des Tas Lents games.

There is a free-to-air sports channel, l'Équipe 21, showing European international qualifiers as well, the biggest names sometimes showing up on terrestrial digital free television, i.e games involving Spain, Portugal, Italy or Germany. South American qualifiers and Copa América may show up on BeIN or l'Équipe 21 TV/website.

Portugal has SporTV for the domestic leagues and international leagues and competitions, so it's simpler, but the service was not great until recently, and relatively expensive. Some games still show up on free-to-air digital terrestrial channels.
RTPi, public broadcasting channel for abroad, no longer shows most game international qualifiying games for the Selecção.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on February 16, 2022, 10:12:15 AM
Meanwhile:

:cry:

Call me a heartless bastard but... Smells off to me. Why would he send money like so whilst going on about not having money for food?
Mission accomplished by the mother I suspect.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on February 16, 2022, 01:03:29 PM
Meanwhile:

Call me a heartless bastard but... Smells off to me. Why would he send money like so whilst going on about not having money for food?

Don't be that paranoid. Children are weird. You'll see soon enough.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

I'm a dumb American who has only been supporting Arsenal since 2009. Arsenal's 2-1 victory over Barcelona in the CL 12 years ago today was the moment I first felt like a real fan.

https://youtu.be/uv2mxzmVvdg

Tyler's commentary on Arshavin's game winner was pitch perfect. Watching van Persie run to Wenger and give him a big hug after his equalizer was touching. Seeing Pep in stunned silence. Messi looking like a frustrated puppy. Victor Valdes fall flat on his ass. So perfect. The crowd at the Emirates going insane. Still puts a huge smile on my face :cry:

I do miss Wenger. The French connection :frog:

Of course, Arsenal got bopped out in the 2nd leg after van Persie got sent off for an absolutely corrupt nothing call. It's the story of Arsenal.

Also, Fuck Barcelona.  :P
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 16, 2022, 08:42:12 PM
I'm a dumb American who has only been supporting Arsenal since 2009. Arsenal's 2-1 victory over Barcelona in the CL 12 years ago today was the moment I first felt like a real fan.

Tyler's commentary on Arshavin's game winner was pitch perfect. Watching van Persie run to Wenger and give him a big hug after his equalizer was touching. Seeing Pep in stunned silence. Messi looking like a frustrated puppy. Victor Valdes fall flat on his ass. So perfect. The crowd at the Emirates going insane. Still puts a huge smile on my face :cry:

Of course, Arsenal got bopped out in the 2nd leg after van Persie got sent off for an absolutely corrupt nothing call. It's the story of Arsenal.

That 4-1 the year prior is one of the best Barcelona games of all time. Thanks for playing your part   :)

frunk

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 16, 2022, 02:15:28 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 16, 2022, 01:03:29 PM
Meanwhile:

Don't be that paranoid. Children are weird. You'll see soon enough.

I don't think many 6 yo have handwriting that neat.

FunkMonk

Quote from: celedhring on February 17, 2022, 01:59:48 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on February 16, 2022, 08:42:12 PM

That 4-1 the year prior is one of the best Barcelona games of all time. Thanks for playing your part   :)

Arsenal.txt

FunkMonk

https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/1495073778635788288?t=ZkscIX1CIoCPcoY5ZbGvSg&s=19

Quote"Craig Dawson complained to the referee during the game between West Ham and Newcastle because Chris Wood kept on saying "meeeow" to Kurt Zuma."

:lol:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 19, 2022, 12:17:27 PM
https://twitter.com/StanCollymore/status/1495073778635788288?t=ZkscIX1CIoCPcoY5ZbGvSg&s=19

Quote"Craig Dawson complained to the referee during the game between West Ham and Newcastle because Chris Wood kept on saying "meeeow" to Kurt Zuma."

:lol:

Pas de quoi fouetter un chat, voyons !

:frog:

Zoupa

Tottenham beat ManCity twice this year  :wacko:

Scored 3 against the best defense in the league.

This Spurs team is incomprehensible. Lost against Southampton, lost against Wolves, win against City. Wtf.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zoupa on February 19, 2022, 02:32:17 PM
Tottenham beat ManCity twice this year  :wacko:

Scored 3 against the best defense in the league.

This Spurs team is incomprehensible. Lost against Southampton, lost against Wolves, win against City. Wtf.

City were really bad and couldn't find a reliable way past Conte's White Wall. Pep has a tendency to drop a dump when he plays super counterattacking teams as well. And Kane was magnificent, I hate to say it.  :lol: