News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Why spend so much fighting a stupid libel case when you're guilty. I get it if pretending to be innocent saved your job or something, but she had nothing to lose.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote"It's sad to think someone who I have accepted to follow me is betraying [me] for either money or to keep a relationship with the press."

:o Nothing is sacred.

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on February 08, 2022, 05:23:58 PM
Why spend so much fighting a stupid libel case when you're guilty. I get it if pretending to be innocent saved your job or something, but she had nothing to lose.

Hard to say what the outcome of the case will be based on that news story.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 08, 2022, 05:31:10 PM
Quote"It's sad to think someone who I have accepted to follow me is betraying [me] for either money or to keep a relationship with the press."

:o Nothing is sacred.

Followers aren't what they used to be.

Zoupa

FunkMonk

So is Kurt Zouma just going to keep playing for West Ham?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

mongers

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 09, 2022, 08:33:58 PM

Someone should offer to show him around Twickenham rugby stadium, once there they should try and drop kick him over the uprights.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

https://youtu.be/hNxwqAy_JZA

Really interesting and honest interview with Mohammed Elneny, a fringe player at Arsenal but one who has stuck around since the Wenger days.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 09, 2022, 08:33:58 PM
Have to admire Moyes unvarnished honesty/saying the quiet bit out loud when asked if they'd suspend Zouma: "No, because he's one of our better players" :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

3 league losses in a row for Spurs. Conte talking about lowering expectations. We've been awful, awful, awful defensively. We're missing Dier badly, Sanchez and Davies are so hesitant and WHY IS CONTE TRYING TO PLAY DOHERTY ON THE RIGHT. All he fucking does is pass the ball backwards.

celedhring

Why are you following Spurs, if I may ask?  :P

Zoupa

I used to follow Toulouse back in the day and loved Sissoko and Aurier, which were both at Spurs til recently. Sissoko got moved to Watford and Aurier to Villareal though  :(

celedhring

In "I'm back to hating football" news, we're losing the Barcelona Derby  :glare:

The Larch

So, how much do you love Luuk de Jong right now?  :P

FunkMonk

Arsenal were supposed to play (lose) to Chelsea this weekend but that got pushed because Chels were busy winning some scrap trophy. Meanwhile, all of Arsenal's rivals for 4th dropped points, leaving Arsenal fans in a weirdly optimistic mood about taking 4th.

538's model gives Arsenal a greater than 50% probability of qualifying for the CL so now I'm fairly certain Arsenal will not qualify  :lol: