News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

So of course Spurs are striking out on winter signings. Traoré said "lol", Diaz went to Liverpool, and we signed 2 nobodies from Juve...

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zoupa on January 30, 2022, 05:36:35 PM
So of course Spurs are striking out on winter signings. Traoré said "lol", Diaz went to Liverpool, and we signed 2 nobodies from Juve...

Arsenal were sniffing around Kulusevski. He's young and a lot of potential. Obviously it hasn't worked out at Juve for him but it's Juve and that sort of thing happens a lot, so I wouldn't count him out. Don't know about Betancur except that apparently Juve fans think he's shit lol

You could be doing an Arsenal where you let go of all your depth and don't sign anyone this window though  :cry:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

Tanganga, Alli, Lo Celso, Gil & Ndombele are all apparently on the market to leave, so uh yeah.

Liep

Eriksen confirmed for the Danish premier league club Brentford. :w00t:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on January 30, 2022, 05:12:07 PM
Well they just stomped this bad US squad so more power to them. They're the best team in CONCACAF and if I were them I'd be screaming about burning down the White House too  :lol:

When you talk smack you can't throw any old tired shit out there.  It's an art form.  The fact that Pom footie fans get that is a large part of the charm of PL.

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on January 31, 2022, 04:01:15 AM
I hate that team.
As much as I'm usually all for underdogs the London based ones are an affront to the laws of nature and a disturbing sign of soccernomics predictions coming to pass.
Hopefully covid will help with rebalancing.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on January 31, 2022, 06:11:35 AM
I hate that team.
As much as I'm usually all for underdogs the London based ones are an affront to the laws of nature and a disturbing sign of soccernomics predictions coming to pass.

Does your hatred for London extend to every single aspect of life? When you have to travel abroad do you avoid London airports as well?

Sheilbh

I always remember seeing one of those "the view from..." maps of the rest of the UK from the North-East - London was the eye of Sauron. It reminded me of Tyr :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Canada's going to the next world cup.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on January 31, 2022, 06:19:36 AM
Quote from: Tyr on January 31, 2022, 06:11:35 AM
I hate that team.

Does your hatred for London extend to every single aspect of life? When you have to travel abroad do you avoid London airports as well?
Obviously. Though that's just common sense.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on January 31, 2022, 07:34:51 AM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Canada's going to the next world cup.  :)

Yes both  :cool: and :blink:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on January 31, 2022, 07:45:00 AM
London Southend is low key one of the best airports in the world.
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 31, 2022, 07:51:10 AM

And the aircraft museum there was brilliant, you could climb around inside a huge Blackburn Beverley they had here.  :)

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

celedhring

So, Aubameyang has flown to Barcelona  :glare:

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 31, 2022, 07:51:10 AM
And quickly checking up it would take nearly 2 hours to get there from central London- which no avoiding I'd have to spend 3 hours getting to first.
Between Manchester and Edinburgh I have most of what can be found in London closer. its often cheaper and quicker to take KLM from Newcastle and change in Amsterdam even.
██████
██████
██████