News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 14, 2021, 02:36:21 PM
Curse of the Captain's armband strikes again at Arsenal. Aubameyang has been stripped of the captaincy.

Hard to see how Auba comes back into the squad from this. Lacazette is already going to be off after his contract fizzles out so Arsenal are supposedly poking around for a striker this winter window. With Auba out too there will be space for a new top-quality goal scorer in a team that is already short on goals.

You guys want Kane? I'll trade ya for Odegaard and Smith-Rowe.

Sheilbh

Curse of the Captain's armband strikes again at Arsenal. Aubameyang has been stripped of the captaincy.

Hard to see how Auba comes back into the squad from this. Lacazette is already going to be off after his contract fizzles out so Arsenal are supposedly poking around for a striker this winter window. With Auba out too there will be space for a new top-quality goal scorer in a team that is already short on goals.
Leave Calvert-Lewin alone :contract:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

What did Aubameyang do to deserve being stripped of the captaincy?

Zoupa

Skipped practice I think I heard. Not sure why though.

Valmy

Quote from: Zoupa on December 14, 2021, 03:15:24 PM
Skipped practice I think I heard. Not sure why though.

Allen Iverson has something to say about that:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zoupa on December 14, 2021, 03:02:52 PM

You guys want Kane? I'll trade ya for Odegaard and Smith-Rowe.

I said "top-quality"  :D
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 14, 2021, 03:03:50 PM

Leave Calvert-Lewin alone :contract:

I have a feeling he'll go to City, I'm afraid.  :lol:

FunkMonk

Quote from: The Larch on December 14, 2021, 03:05:53 PM
What did Aubameyang do to deserve being stripped of the captaincy?

Uh yeah the details are still a bit iffy but supposedly he went to France to see his Mum and came back too late because of COVID regulations. He's had a long history of being late to training and even games, and I sense there's been a lot of tension between him and Arteta the last few weeks. I have a feeling bridges have been burnt.

To be honest he is way past his best and getting his huge salary off the books to be used on a younger, keener striker will be a boon to this club.

Zoupa

You'll be hard pressed to find a club willing to pay his weekly though. Maybe in Qatar or somewhere similar.

celedhring

We've been linked with him. We're *that* desperate.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on December 15, 2021, 02:40:17 AM
We've been linked with him. We're *that* desperate.

Well, you've just freed up an Aguero-sized amount of money in your payroll, so...  :P

FunkMonk

Zoupa

I'll trade Kane for Depay please, since we're shopping.

FunkMonk

Arsenal just battered West Ham (only 2-0 but honestly should have been more) in arguably their best and most complete performance of the season so I guess that answers the question of if Arteta has lost the dressing room  :lol:

4th place and positive goal difference :D :bowler: :lol:

Josquius

Hearing conspiracy talk about that there's a unofficial transfer embargo on Newcastle with all Premier league clubs refusing to sell to them in January  except one (no prizes for guessing which one... Hint. Arabs.).
Would be nice if its true.
Doubly so for Newcastle being relegated and the Saudis/big money interests in general getting a kicking
██████
██████
██████