News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Doctors have told Agüero that he'll probably have to retire from football.

celedhring

Also, superb bottle job from Sweden yesterday, I wasn't expecting that.

Nonetheless, this Sunday's Spain-Sweden will still decide who gets to the WC, but now Spain goes ahead with just a draw (and we can't really score at the moment, so...).

Threviel

All we'll have to do is whip the Dons, that match shouldn't be much of a problem unless the Swedes get bored to death.   :smoke:

The Larch

Apparently Xavi's 1st signing as Barcelona coach is going to be... Dani Alves.  :hmm:

Zoupa

Quote from: The Larch on November 12, 2021, 08:58:17 AM
Apparently Xavi's 1st signing as Barcelona coach is going to be... Dani Alves.  :hmm:

Isn't he retired lol. He must be 40 by now.

Barrister

Costa Rica at Canada in World Cup qualifiers tonight.  In Edmonton.  They estimate the crowd will be 45-50,000.  Temperature forecast to be a balmy +3c (37F).

It's also the "homecoming" game for Alphonso Davies.  Although he largely grew up here and his parents still live here, he's never played a meaningful game here in Edmonton in his life.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Zoupa on November 12, 2021, 12:13:36 PM
Quote from: The Larch on November 12, 2021, 08:58:17 AM

Isn't he retired lol. He must be 40 by now.

Right now we're playing makeshift RBs because we only have one in the squad (Dest), which often plays as a winger because we have NO right wingers  :lol: :wacko:. But I hope there's better options than to bring him back...

Zoupa

What's up with Wembley's surface? It looked like shit today.

Kane scoring 3 for England while doing fuck all at Spurs:  :bleeding:

Barrister

Canada is all over Costa Rica. 1-0 good guys.

1-0 final.  :cool:

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on November 12, 2021, 10:38:08 PM

Terrific atmosphere ruined by a few jerks who ran onto the field with a minute left in the game.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Quote from: celedhring on November 12, 2021, 06:35:41 AM

And now Norway.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on November 13, 2021, 02:35:02 PM

And now Norway.

Netherlands leading 1-0 after playing not so well, thanks a penalty offerred by a Montenegrine back. I guess there won't be any Qatar WC boycott from the Batavians.

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 13, 2021, 03:12:10 PM
Quote from: Maladict on November 13, 2021, 02:35:02 PM

And now Norway.

Netherlands leading 1-0 after playing not so well, thanks a penalty offerred by a Montenegrine back. I guess there won't be any Qatar WC boycott from the Batavians.

No, we fucked it up too  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

After leading 2-0, the Dutch suffered 2 goals in 5 minutes in the end from Montenegro. So a boycott is still possible but they just need a tie vs Norway which is still in the race for qualification.

Maladict beat me to it.  :P

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on November 13, 2021, 07:21:57 AM
Quote from: Barrister on November 12, 2021, 10:38:08 PM

Terrific atmosphere ruined by a few jerks who ran onto the field with a minute left in the game.

Jerks are gonna be jerks.  I don't think anything was ruined.

Sets up an absolutely huge game on Tuesday with Mexico.  They were just beaten by the US on Friday.  That means the US and Mexico each have 14 points, while Canada has 13.  They managed a draw against Mexico in Mexico City - any chance they can pull off a win in Edmonton?  Forecast that day is a high of -2c, low of -10c.