And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

FunkMonk

Pretty sure he is quite happy about getting Conte and ditching Nuno  :lol:

As an Arsenal fan this makes me uneasy but it is also hilarious: Manchester United, days after considering ditching their own mediocre coach and getting Conte, are now fucked  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

From what I read Conte is an aggressive fixer, so I'm more than happy. My main annoyance with Nuno was not that the team wasn't winning enough, it was his style. Defensive, but boringly defensive.

The Larch

Conte officially announced as Tottenham's new coach.

FunkMonk

Nuno getting paid millions for a few months of terrible work. Guy has it figured out.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

There are rumours over here today about Unai Emery leaving Villarreal in order to take over Newcastle.

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 01, 2021, 09:30:02 PM
As an Arsenal fan this makes me uneasy but it is also hilarious: Manchester United, days after considering ditching their own mediocre coach and getting Conte, are now fucked  :lol:

That win was an outstanding move from Solksjaer.   :D

The Larch

Funny tidbit about Tottenham's coaches that I just saw on Twitter:

QuoteRichard Jolly
@RichJolly

Tottenham have given Mauricio Pochettino, Jose Mourinho, Nuno Espirito Santo and Antonio Conte contracts to manage them until 2023.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on November 01, 2021, 09:30:02 PM
Solskjaer masterclass :lol:

Also I loved the detail that Conte was "disturbed" by the faith United were showing hin Solskjaer.
Let's bomb Russia!

Zoupa

Quote from: The Larch on November 03, 2021, 09:47:26 AM
Funny tidbit about Tottenham's coaches that I just saw on Twitter:

QuoteRichard Jolly
@RichJolly

Tottenham have given Mauricio Pochettino, Jose Mourinho, Nuno Espirito Santo and Antonio Conte contracts to manage them until 2023.

All that money could have been used to get at least one dominating midfielder...

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Larch

It seems that, after quite a lot of wrangling with Al Sadd, Xavi will finally become Barcelona's new manager.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on November 05, 2021, 06:08:16 AM
It seems that, after quite a lot of wrangling with Al Sadd, Xavi will finally become Barcelona's new manager.

And it's the first time Barça has a manager that's younger than me. The middle age crisis rubicon has been crossed.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on November 05, 2021, 06:09:56 AM

And it's the first time Barça has a manager that's younger than me. The middle age crisis rubicon has been crossed.

Diego Martínez, Granada's coach last season, went to my same high school, one year after me. He was classmates with one of my best friends. I'm already beyond the "coaches younger than me in the 1st division" trauma.  :P

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on November 05, 2021, 06:09:56 AM

Less bitching than had Xavi not been selected though.  :P