News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Jacob on July 11, 2021, 07:21:24 PM
Whose got the rights for the English, German, and Italian top tiers (I know no one is going to stream the Danish top tier :lol: )?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Danish_Superliga_broadcasters

There is a broadcaster mentioned for the US (close but not good enough).

QuoteAll games can be watched internationally on Bet365 betting platform.

Source needs to be checked, sounds too good to be true.

Jacob

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 12, 2021, 08:15:49 AM
Source needs to be checked, sounds too good to be true.

Yeah, found that too... and yes, it does sound too good to be true. But I'll probably still try it out.

Sheilbh

I think they offer it for any league anywhere in the world but I assume it's if you've made a bet on that game :hmm:

I've certainly heard adverts for it on podcasts.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2021, 09:33:25 PM
Speaking of Canada I never got to congratulate your national team on its thorough annihilation of all comers in 2022 Qualifiers so far. 6 wins in 6 matches with an aggregate of 31 goals to 1.

Well done. The United States will welcome you warmly in September.

Yeah it's kind of cool.  The furthest the Canadian Men have made it in decades (should note the Canadian women kick ass in soccer).  But qualifying will still be tough since only 3 (or 4) CONCACAF teams can make it, and surely Mexico and the US will be two of those spots.  So we're left fighting off Honduras, El Salvador, Cosa Rica et al.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 12, 2021, 10:41:51 AM
I think they offer it for any league anywhere in the world but I assume it's if you've made a bet on that game :hmm:

I've certainly heard adverts for it on podcasts.
So pay £1 to watch any game?

That does sound suspect though may need exploiting if so.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2021, 10:56:18 AM
and surely Mexico and the US will be two of those spots.

Well the last two rounds of WC qualifiers have been adventures for both of us :lol: We'll see.

QuoteThe furthest the Canadian Men have made it in decades (should note the Canadian women kick ass in soccer).

Both the US and Canada can take a lot of pride in our commitment to women's physical education both in High School and University...at least in the last 50 years or so anyway. It really pays off in these international competitions.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 12, 2021, 11:06:39 AM
Quote from: Barrister on July 12, 2021, 10:56:18 AM
and surely Mexico and the US will be two of those spots.

Well the last two rounds of WC qualifiers have been adventures for both of us :lol: We'll see.

QuoteThe furthest the Canadian Men have made it in decades (should note the Canadian women kick ass in soccer).

Both the US and Canada can take a lot of pride in our commitment to women's physical education both in High School and University...at least in the last 50 years or so anyway. It really pays off in these international competitions.

Don't be modest - now that the qualifiers really matter I can't imagine the US (and Mexico) bringing anything less than their A game.

And yes - while there's plenty to fault our countries about, sometimes it's nice to recognize just how far we've come in terms of women's equality.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

So... the current big football news in Spain are a bunch of leaked audios from 10+ years ago where Florentino Pérez *colorfully* disparages then-Real Madrid players, media, and everything under the sun. :lol: He talks like a schmo in a pub in them, which kinda goes against his carefully cultivated image as a serious businessman, and given that he's obsessed by the media perception of him, he's probably taking it pretty badly.

Rumor is that this leaking is a reprisal for the Superleague business.

Duque de Bragança

No insults against Zidane yet? Disappointed.  :lol:

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on July 17, 2021, 01:44:27 AM
So... the current big football news in Spain are a bunch of leaked audios from 10+ years ago where Florentino Pérez *colorfully* disparages then-Real Madrid players, media, and everything under the sun. :lol: He talks like a schmo in a pub in them, which kinda goes against his carefully cultivated image as a serious businessman, and given that he's obsessed by the media perception of him, he's probably taking it pretty badly.

Rumor is that this leaking is a reprisal for the Superleague business.
I am vicariously furious over what he said about Raul :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

QuoteEverton footballer arrested on suspicion of child sex offences and is suspended by club
Everton released a statement on Monday night confirming they will assist the police with any enquiries following the suspension of their player

An Everton footballer has been arrested on suspicion of committing child sex offences and released on bail pending further investigation.

The player had his home raided by police and was arrested on Friday.

Everton released an official statement on Monday evening confirming they had suspended a footballer and will assist the police with any enquiries.

The statement on the club's official site read: "Everton can confirm it has suspended a player pending a police investigation.

"The Club will continue to support the authorities with their inquiries and will not be making any further statement at this time."

Josquius

Only a matter of time to before he is named. When I read about this it gave zero details other than greater Manchester police arresting.
Glad they're doing a bit better keeping things under wraps than usual.
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: Tyr on July 21, 2021, 02:24:20 AM
Only a matter of time to before he is named. When I read about this it gave zero details other than greater Manchester police arresting.
Glad they're doing a bit better keeping things under wraps than usual.

Not really. Everton suspending Sigurdsson has rather given the game away.

Sheilbh

Yeah and the rumours were already out on Friday night.

Everton only have two 31 year old players. One was playing in a friendly on Saturday, the other wasn't in the squad.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

I'm not an Everton fan and this is genuinely the first I've heard of it being him.
I remember back when it was Johnson it was all over the mainstream press from the off.
Ultimately he was guilty so no foul, but if he had been innocent....
██████
██████
██████