Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I honestly admire your undying loyalty to Danish sportsmen  :D

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on May 16, 2021, 08:22:55 AM
Tamas, are you pumped for the Women's Champions' League final today between Barça and Chelsea?

I've decided this is the most important trophy that will be awarded in 2021.

Hah, had no idea it's today!

The Larch

celedhring

It's ok, we were out of it weeks ago. Horrid finish to the season.

Sheilbh

:console:

I think neutrals sadly turned against you as soon as Koeman turned up in sockless loafers :x
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: celedhring on May 16, 2021, 08:22:55 AM
Tamas, are you pumped for the Women's Champions' League final today between Barça and Chelsea?

I've decided this is the most important trophy that will be awarded in 2021.

Man, you are desperate.  :lol:

Liep

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 16, 2021, 01:53:14 PM
:console:

I think neutrals sadly turned against you as soon as Koeman turned up in sockless loafers :x

Agree, if they had to bring back a legend at least choose one with style.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Laudrup seems to pick a fight with everybody after 1-2 in every club he manages  :D

Seems we'll go with Xavi as the next in the "when in doubt, appoint a legend" list.

The Larch

Where is Laudrup coaching nowadays anyway? He kinda fell off the face of the earth lately.

celedhring

And we won the women's CL  :cheers:

Probably the first CL final Chelsea will lose this year  :ph34r:

FunkMonk

Everything about that Alisson goal is incredible. The timing. The technique. The player. The circumstance. Holy crap  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Quote from: celedhring on May 16, 2021, 04:14:44 PM
And we won the women's CL  :cheers:

Probably the first CL final Chelsea will lose this year  :ph34r:

And the last.  :P

The lads have been half their brains off the pitch since they got into the CL final. It's  massive deal for that young squad, they are going beat the Emir's team.

Gups

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 15, 2021, 11:09:57 PM
Quote from: Liep on May 15, 2021, 10:43:02 PM
https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1393636363002593291

Leicester's oligarch gets a few plusses for this celebration.
Yeah - fans normally like their oligarch (I'm as guilty as anyone of this).

But I think there is a slightly deeper emotional connection at Leicester given the death of his father and, obviously, the incredible league win (and now cup win).

They have also put a lot of money and effort into the community and have done loads of things for fams free scarves, free beer). Abramovich, not so much. And of course, every right thinking football fan hated Chelsea even before they had any money.

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 16, 2021, 09:44:39 PM
Everything about that Alisson goal is incredible. The timing. The technique. The player. The circumstance. Holy crap  :lol:

Apparently he's the only 'keeper to score a goal for Liverpool in its club history.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Sheilbh

The Chelsea video - Long Good Friday crossover I never knew I needed :lol:
https://twitter.com/duncanm/status/1394257011374796801?s=20
Let's bomb Russia!