Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on May 12, 2021, 04:08:37 PM
Those are stupid expensive prices.
Crazy :blink:

I think the most expensive normal ticket at Spurs is £80 and they're in London in a brand new stadium with a cheese room!
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

MLS needs high tickets. It's a gate driven league that has a salary scheme that makes up to 3 players per team pay come directly from the owners.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Before the pandemic I could go and watch Messi play for as low as €30. I don't know guys...

Josquius

It is weird that American footy teams are charging so much.
I guess they purposefully want small crowds of rich people rather than being a mainstream sport.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Looks like I could get tickets for DC United home games for $35-$40 so MLS ticket prices vary. Austin FC is a brand new team so they might be jacking up the prices to extract maximum profit from uberhyped fans?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

I wonder if it'll be possible to get tickets for the CL final, Porto is pretty close to my hometown and if not many people can travel for the game there might be some unsold tickets around...  :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 13, 2021, 08:35:43 AM
Looks like I could get tickets for DC United home games for $35-$40 so MLS ticket prices vary. Austin FC is a brand new team so they might be jacking up the prices to extract maximum profit from uberhyped fans?

Well that isn't too bad. I probably just need to wait a few years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on May 13, 2021, 08:54:33 AM
I wonder if it'll be possible to get tickets for the CL final, Porto is pretty close to my hometown and if not many people can travel for the game there might be some unsold tickets around...  :hmm:
Maybe :hmm:

English fans can travel overseas for fun now and Portugal is on the green list (just booked my own holiday :blush:) and I imagine, given the lack of live football for a while, that fans will take the opportunity to get those tickets. Not sure about the wider release though?
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

The surviving Superleague clubs brought an antitrust action against UEFA/FIFA on a Madrid court. Now, that court has brought the issue to the ECJ, to see if UEFA's powers in football conform with EU's antitrust/abuse of dominant position legislation. We'll see if the ECJ takes it up.

Wouldn't mind UEFA be taken down a peg or a dozen. But this is certainly a "whoever wins we lose" scenario.  :sleep:

EDIT: or maybe a whoever loses we win? Always look on the bright side of life...

The Larch

Do you have a link? I did a quick check and couldn't find anything.

Josephus

Toronto FC tickets have always cost me upwards of $100 and they pretty much always sell out the 23K plus stadium; though around half are Season Ticket Holders. There is a cheaper zone, the fan zone, but that's mostly sold to the supporters clubs and if you do snag a ticket you have to stand up the whole game.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on May 14, 2021, 06:22:08 AM

Toronto FC tickets have always cost me upwards of $100 and they pretty much always sell out the 23K plus stadium; though around half are Season Ticket Holders. There is a cheaper zone, the fan zone, but that's mostly sold to the supporters clubs and if you do snag a ticket you have to stand up the whole game.

*sigh*

I bet Argonaut games cost a lot less than $100 and don't sell out... :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on May 13, 2021, 08:54:33 AM

6,000 tickets for each club fans, 24-hour bubbles, PCR tests if not vaccines, leaving by charter planes almost as soon as the game is finished... So probably not.

Reason Porto was chosen was because there was not quarantine for the UEFA VIPs, unllike the UK.

I hope this does bring the Indian variant to Portugal, the English strain was bad enough.