News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

The world needs more 5'6" goalkeeper-strikers.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

The Larch

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 12, 2021, 07:55:36 AM
The world needs more 5'6" goalkeeper-strikers.

The world needs more flamboyant latin american keepers.

The Larch

It is being rumoured that the Champions League final will be moved (again) from Turkey to Portugal.

celedhring

The referee is Lahoz - aka Guardiola's archnemesis  :D

FunkMonk

I have to hand it to Manchester United. After their fans fucked up the fixture schedule by rioting in the streets and invading their own stadium, they then proceed to play their retirement home residents and children and lose to Leicester, Liverpool's Top-4 rival, so United can play their full-strength squad two days later and end any chance Liverpool qualify for the Champions League.

I hate United but man, game recognize game.

Valmy

I was looking to get tickets to see Austin FC play and...well...wow soccer is expensive as fuck. I guess I will just watch on TV. My respect for the vast wealth of football hooligans is increased.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

It used to be a working class sport.

FunkMonk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2021, 01:54:38 PM
I was looking to get tickets to see Austin FC play and...well...wow soccer is expensive as fuck. I guess I will just watch on TV. My respect for the vast wealth of football hooligans is increased.

How much they asking?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2021, 03:15:56 PM

How much they asking?

The very cheapest I could find was $60 per ticket and that was for road sites. At home I am looking at $150. Crazy. I mean if they have the Vince Young of soccer out there maybe...but last I checked this was just an expansion team on a middling soccer league.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2021, 03:25:46 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 12, 2021, 03:15:56 PM

How much they asking?

The very cheapest I could find was $60 per ticket and that was for road sites. At home I am looking at $150. Crazy. I mean if they have the Vince Young of soccer out there maybe...but last I checked this was just an expansion team on a middling soccer league.

I love how you're trying to name a super-star at a different sport... and you name-drop Vince Young. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Larch

Those are stupid expensive prices.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2021, 03:52:22 PM
I love how you're trying to name a super-star at a different sport... and you name-drop Vince Young. :lol:

Well that was an athlete I actually did pay a premium to see in person :P

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 12, 2021, 04:11:32 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2021, 03:52:22 PM

Well that was an athlete I actually did pay a premium to see in person :P

But really, I loved it. :hug:

It was such a Valmy thing to say. :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.