News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Btw, City just won the Premier League. Inter and Bayern already won the Italian and German leagues as well, so amongst the big ones only the Spanish (3 way race between Atlético, Barcelona and Real Madrid with 3 matches to go) and the French (Lille and PSG battling it out with 2 matches to go) remain to be decided.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2021, 02:53:43 PM
Quote from: The Larch on May 11, 2021, 02:51:34 PM
Looks cute, what's the capacity?

Nice, I'd have thought it was less than that from the picture.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on May 11, 2021, 03:08:08 PM
Btw, City just won the Premier League. Inter and Bayern already won the Italian and German leagues as well, so amongst the big ones only the Spanish (3 way race between Atlético, Barcelona and Real Madrid with 3 matches to go) and the French (Lille and PSG battling it out with 2 matches to go) remain to be decided.

Since there is only the Big 4 + PSG this is an embarrassment for PSG (QSI version) to even dispute the title to the very end with Lille.  :P

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Why? Lots of famous teams wear green. The Oakland As, the Boston Celtics, the Philadelphia Eagles, the Dallas Stars...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2021, 05:32:17 PM
Why? Lots of famous teams wear green. The Oakland As, the Boston Celtics, the Philadelphia Eagles, the Dallas Stars...

It's not usual in football, I guess because unless it's pretty bright it might get players cammouflaged with the pitch.

FunkMonk

I'm reminded of a picture I saw on Twitter once that showed a team playing in white on a completely snowed in pitch  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Hockey has white uniform on white ice all the time. It's fine.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

When a young player comes up through a club's training program, how tightly bound to the team is he?

celedhring

As in, contractually? They are treated as any other player. Some competitions demand a minimum of club-trained players in a squad, so even if they aren't starts a lot of clubs will try to retain them.

Josquius

Quote from: The Larch on May 11, 2021, 05:48:44 PM

It's not usual in football, I guess because unless it's pretty bright it might get players cammouflaged with the pitch.

The main reason is probably that goal keepers traditionally wear green.

You don't get any teams in all black either due to the referee.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on May 12, 2021, 02:26:36 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 11, 2021, 05:48:44 PM

The main reason is probably that goal keepers traditionally wear green.

That's not always been so, though. Goalies wearing green seems to be an 80s thing to me, in my vague recollection.

QuoteYou don't get any teams in all black either due to the referee.

Yup, even the NZ national team plays in white because of this.  :P Although I remember when refs ditched the all black look and started wearing brighter colours, I believe it was in the '94 WC.

Sheilbh

I low-key love a green kit. Nigeria and Mexico have both brought it at World Cups :wub:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 12, 2021, 03:55:16 AM
I low-key love a green kit. Nigeria and Mexico have both brought it at World Cups :wub:

And in the case of Mexico there was no chance of getting mistaken with their goalie when Jorge Campos started for them in the 90s.  :lol: