News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Shit, is my team in the Champion's League final?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 05, 2021, 07:03:13 PM
Shit, is my team in the Champion's League final?
Pulisic even scored a key goal (last week).

Edit: And looked good this week.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Poolisick is quite good but since he's with the Chels I cannot support him.

Man City I'm quite indifferent on. They've always been a "Meh" team for me, although they did have that absolutely incredible first league title back in 2012 to pip United at the last minute that I'll always remember.

"AGUEROOOOOOOO!!!"
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

I love Man City's Opie-looking dude, de Breugel.  Dude turned up the caucasian to 11.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 05, 2021, 08:18:39 PM
I love Man City's Opie-looking dude, de Breugel.  Dude turned up the caucasian to 11.

De Bruyne? He used to be a Chelsea player  :D

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 05, 2021, 08:25:15 PM
De Bruyne? He used to be a Chelsea player  :D

I was just fucking around on the name.

Didn't know that.

I also love Phil Phoden's constant expression of concern. 

"Are me ma and da a'right?  Did I remember to feed the cat?  I hope I'm wearing clean underwear."

FunkMonk

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 05, 2021, 05:20:12 PM
Yes, but I would have liked to see Madrid in the final.

Franco approves.

celedhring

I rooted for Chelski yesterday, the things I'm forced to do  <_<

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on May 06, 2021, 04:11:28 AM
I rooted for Chelski yesterday, the things I'm forced to do  <_<
The weirdest thing about this Chelsea team is it's actually quite likeable - especially compared to the Chelsea teams of the past :ph34r:

I think they will give City a better challenge. Madrid looked tired.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

It seems that Hazard's behaviour after the match (joking around with the Chelsea players) has not really been appreciated by Madrid's big wigs. I guess they'll try to offload him this summer, but I doubt that anyone is willing to pay much for him at the moment.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on May 06, 2021, 06:55:11 AM
It seems that Hazard's behaviour after the match (joking around with the Chelsea players) has not really been appreciated by Madrid's big wigs. I guess they'll try to offload him this summer, but I doubt that anyone is willing to pay much for him at the moment.
This is one of those things where I think we forget footbalers are human. I get the anger in normal circumstances. But I swear I've seen more rival players joking about after European or international games this year - and I think a lot of it is because of how weird and uncomfortable this season must be for players. In part because they're playing more or less every 2-3 days, but also because they have the same covid issues and rules we all have so they can't see these friends from previous clubs or internationally except in the context of these games.

Similarly I think any transfer who's moved to a club in th last year deserves basically a free hit (so half of Chelsea's increasingly ominous team). They've had no chance to have a social life with their teammates or any normal settling in, they may not even be able to see their family. They're very well paid - but they are still people.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 06, 2021, 07:07:42 AM
Quote from: The Larch on May 06, 2021, 06:55:11 AM
This is one of those things where I think we forget footbalers are human. I get the anger in normal circumstances. But I swear I've seen more rival players joking about after European or international games this year - and I think a lot of it is because of how weird and uncomfortable this season must be for players. In part because they're playing more or less every 2-3 days, but also because they have the same covid issues and rules we all have so they can't see these friends from previous clubs or internationally except in the context of these games.

Similarly I think any transfer who's moved to a club in th last year deserves basically a free hit (so half of Chelsea's increasingly ominous team). They've had no chance to have a social life with their teammates or any normal settling in, they may not even be able to see their family. They're very well paid - but they are still people.

I don't think the club would have begrudged him if he only had a chat and a hug with them, but he seemed to be enjoying himself way too much after just having been eliminated from the CL, and in a season in which he hasn't been exactly making heads turn for the right reasons. I mean, I can see the optics are not really good, even after getting your point.

Sheilbh

Yeah I get that. And if I was a Madrid fan I would be fuming :lol:

Although I also suspect the focus on one player like this is probably quite helpful at avoiding questions about the performance or team in general.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Anyone remember this?
https://youtu.be/LurJvgQD0Sw
:D

I always did wonder about relations between footballers on different teams.
I mean, you're a filthy rich young sportsman from say Nigeria playing for one of the Manchesters. One of your international team mates plays for the other. Surely you're going to hang out on your time off?
██████
██████
██████