News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Leeds also trained in "earn it" t-shirts before the game with Liverpool - and left the t-shirts for Liverpool in the visitors' dressing room if they wanted to wear them too :lol:

Also while I don't like the crowds at the minute - I did find the guy at Elland Road with a saxophone playing Money Money Money very funny.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on April 21, 2021, 12:15:40 PM
He ran unopposed because he changed the bylaws so only him and probably 2-3 people in the entire fucking world meet the requisites to stand for the presidency.  :lol:

We all know that already.  :P

Wasn't he supposedly grooming Rafael Nadal to take over as president when he retires?

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 21, 2021, 12:16:04 PM
Leeds also trained in "earn it" t-shirts before the game with Liverpool - and left the t-shirts for Liverpool in the visitors' dressing room if they wanted to wear them too :lol:

Also while I don't like the crowds at the minute - I did find the guy at Elland Road with a saxophone playing Money Money Money very funny.

Valencia and Osasuna players took a joint picture ahead of their match with "Earn it" t-shirts as well.

If there were crowds in the stadiums at the moment all these teams would be getting booed for 90 minutes straight in away matches.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on April 21, 2021, 12:18:50 PM
He ran unopposed because he changed the bylaws so only him and probably 2-3 people in the entire fucking world meet the requisites to stand for the presidency.  :lol:

Wasn't he supposedly grooming Rafael Nadal to take over as president when he retires?

Which would require changing the bylaws since Nadal isn't wealthy enough  :lol:

Pérez is healthy, but he's 74. I swear I'm not sure which succession is going to be more problematic, Putin's or his.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on April 21, 2021, 12:31:22 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 21, 2021, 12:18:50 PM

Which would require changing the bylaws since Nadal isn't wealthy enough  :lol:

Pérez is healthy, but he's 74. I swear I'm not sure which succession is going to be more problematic, Putin's or his.

It wouldn't surprise me if he actually eased the requiriments to stand for president upon his retirement.

Grey Fox

I do love the fan reckoning happening tho. It's pretty hilarious.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 21, 2021, 01:47:52 PM

What do you mean?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Jacob on April 21, 2021, 01:58:04 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on April 21, 2021, 01:47:52 PM

What do you mean?

Earn t-shirts, the protests. It's quite funny especially in the face of how unprepared the teams actually were. I think I thought about the hows more then them.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 21, 2021, 02:42:04 PM
Earn t-shirts, the protests. It's quite funny especially in the face of how unprepared the teams actually were. I think I thought about the hows more then them.

Hah, yeah. It's pretty entertaining.

The Larch

Florentino is doing another interview right now on the radio, and quite ashtoundingly is repeating exactly the same arguments as if nothing had happened. It's really amazing how teflon-skinned he is.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Larch on April 21, 2021, 05:20:06 PM
Florentino is doing another interview right now on the radio, and quite ashtoundingly is repeating exactly the same arguments as if nothing had happened. It's really amazing how teflon-skinned he is.
Some of his lines tonight are crazy - Japanese soldier in the jungle territory from him at the minute.

I think the biggest thing this has revealed is that Madrid, Barcelona and possibly Juve are in far bigger financial trouble than people had perhaps realised.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 21, 2021, 06:17:47 PM
Quote from: The Larch on April 21, 2021, 05:20:06 PM
Some of his lines tonight are crazy - Japanese soldier in the jungle territory from him at the minute.

I think the biggest thing this has revealed is that Madrid, Barcelona and possibly Juve are in far bigger financial trouble than people had perhaps realised.

It's also showing a lot of his arrogance and his warped thinking. What he thinks is so obviously right (to him) that it's crazy that anyone thinks differently.

Sheilbh

And that any opposition must be a conspiracy of some sort - the stuff about things being orchestrated and he can tell us who was behind the Chelsea fan protests. It's quite something.

Edit: Also - again - if they spent three years planning this and they didn't have a PR strategy, broadcasters lined up, sponsors lined up etc - what were they doing? The only thing that I can see was lined up was a loan from JP Morgan (secured against future TV revenues) and a website.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

He also revealed quite a few traits very common amongst old, powerful people in Spain (which is exactly what he is). My decisions are not up for debate, be exceedingly polite and deferential in every single interaction with me or I'll avoid any interaction whatsoever with you in order to stiffle debate... those two things are very old-school Spanish company boss attitudes.

HVC

Quote from: The Larch on April 21, 2021, 06:21:08 PM

It's also showing a lot of his arrogance and his warped thinking. What he thinks is so obviously right (to him) that it's crazy that anyone thinks differently.

He should join languish :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.