News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

:lol: Sorry (I normally use the app) - a link:
https://theathletic.co.uk/2382097/2021/02/14/we-know-justin-fashanu-died-now-let-us-hear-how-he-lived/

I do subscribe but largely as a bitter blue because they are good at covering every club in the Premier League which isn't really the way for most of the nationals I read.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

I suscribe but mostly for yank sports (NBA, NFL, MLS). Their La Liga coverage isn't really great, but I don't need a yank newspaper for that...

Duque de Bragança

Last night highlight:

Barça 1 PSG 4

Well, a remontada is still theoretically possible, but current Barça is only a shadow of what he was a few years ago.

celedhring

We're a rickety house waiting to crumble completely. Much like last year against Bayern, this was bound to happen when we went against a team with ellite offensive talent.

Now, we do have some talented young players in there to build around (De Jong, Pedri, Fati, Dest, even Dembelé if he isn't sold), but we need to clear up shop. This is a bit of a transitional season and I'll be happy with ensuring CL qualification.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Porto 2 Juventus 1

Crappiest Juve due in part to key players missing, manages to limit damage in the Dragão. Goals are mostly flukes, on both sides (bad start of both periods for the Juve). I am afraid the second leg will be different, since Porto was almost solid but far from great. In the meantime, I will take it. :)

Admiral Yi

Phil Foden looks exactly like the apprentice monk in The Fifth Element.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 17, 2021, 07:42:37 PM
This is excellent.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

So. Sunderland is in the Pizza Hut trophy final again.
Huzzah?
I mean...yeah, a trophy would be nice. But its one of those things where you can't really boast about it as the only reason your team is eligible to compete is being in the 3rd tier.
The under 21 teams don't even try all that hard for it (unlike me when I play Football Manager- lets just move those wonderkids over to the reserves for a day.... :menace:).
And the league continues to look a mess....
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Yesterday's best game was Sevilla-Dortmund, however:

Sevilla 2 Dortmund 3

Not great defending as well, with an early lucky goal by Sevilla, but Haaland entered full Dolph Lundgren mode (in a good way before you ask) and scored two goals in the first half.
Haaland claimed to have been motivated by the three goals of Le Génie français:D

FunkMonk

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Sheilbh

Imagine supporting a team where you could look forward to your derby instead of the cold sense of inevitability :ph34r: :bleeding: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!