Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on December 03, 2020, 03:00:42 PM
Btw, I also saw that Wolfsberg from Austria is in Europa League, WTF? :lol:

They should play against Wolfsburg.  :P

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on December 03, 2020, 02:18:55 PM
The amount of work that goes into each Football Manager game is quite astounding, so it's no wonder that it becomes so inmersive. And yeah, when you've been playing for a while and you suddenly see "your" players in a real game it's quite the funny feeling.

Yeah it's especially noticeable if you're bored on a Thursday and watching Europa League games, and you come across a player and you're like "I signed that guy!"
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2020, 05:57:04 PM
Hooray for Chelsea  :)

Sure, but I still feel kind of sad that we're back to Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, City and United.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Liep on December 05, 2020, 06:29:30 PM
Sure, but I still feel kind of sad that we're back to Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, City and United.

I hear ya.  So lets root for all of them except Chelsea to lose.

Admiral Yi

I guess some matches have socially distanced fans in the stands and some don't because of the tieredness of the location?

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2020, 07:38:18 PM
I guess some matches have socially distanced fans in the stands and some don't because of the tieredness of the location?
Exactly.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 06, 2020, 01:10:54 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2020, 07:38:18 PM
Exactly.

It's funny though. Was watching the Chelsea Leeds game, and they had limited attendance; but it seemed the fans that were there were all sitting in a crowd together. would have thought they spaced them out better. They also didn't seem to be enforcing mask wearing. I guess it's more about getting people in and out that's the issue, than people sitting in the stadium.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Christ, what did they do to Inter's shirt?  :lol:

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on December 06, 2020, 07:35:12 AM
Christ, what did they do to Inter's shirt?  :lol:

Goes well with their sponsor, though. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josephus on December 06, 2020, 07:19:27 AM
It's funny though. Was watching the Chelsea Leeds game, and they had limited attendance; but it seemed the fans that were there were all sitting in a crowd together. would have thought they spaced them out better. They also didn't seem to be enforcing mask wearing. I guess it's more about getting people in and out that's the issue, than people sitting in the stadium.
There wouldn't be any neee to mask wear in the UK if you're outside - it's only necessary if you're in an enclosed space. So it sould be mandatory getting in and out (and I imaing quite strictly enforced) but once you're in your seat you wouldn't need to wear a mask. I think the big fear in the development of protocols were enclosed spaces like toilets.

I think they are socially distanced but you could be in a household group (dad and kids) so sitting together, but I think it's just one stand presumably because that's easier to manage/monitor the protocols than spreading people out more? The weird thing is it's a flat cap so you could have 2,000 fans in a 40,000 seater stadium, or in League 1 or 2 or even National League in a tiny stadium which is far more crowded.

So this crowd is tiny and dwarfed by the stadium for West Ham's game:

And the same number at the stadium for National League side Weymouth (they've had to cut capacity because people weren't socially distancing).
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

A Tottenham managed by Jose Mourinho winning the league the same season Arsenal get relegated means I'm just going to quit watching football forever.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Group A: Portugal, Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg, Azerbaijan
Group B: Spain, Sweden, Greece, Georgia, Kosovo
Group C: Italy, Switzerland, Northern Ireland, Bulgaria, Lithuania
Group D: France, Ukraine, Finland, Bosnia, Kazakhstan
Group E: Belgium, Wales, Czech Republic, Belarus, Estonia
Group F: Denmark, Austria, Scotland, Israel, Faroe Islands, Moldova
Group G: Netherlands, Turkey, Norway, Montenegro, Latvia, Gibraltar
Group H: Croatia, Slovakia, Russia, Slovenia, Cyprus, Malta
Group I: England, Poland, Hungary, Albania, Andorra, San Marino
Group J: Germany, Romania, Iceland, North Macedonia, Armenia, Liechtenstein

We might actually end up honoring that 10th seed although I still think it's more likely we end up 2nd after losing points to Faroe Island. :P

celedhring

So, Kosovo got stuck in a group where IIRC only Sweden recognizes its independence. That will be fun  :P

EDIT: I'm reading that they first got drawn in Group A alongside Serbia (!!) but FIFA decided to move them to B instead. Probably a good decision...