News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Because Solksjaer is a mediocre manager, imho. They have never found their guy since Ferguson left.

Josquius

Would be quite wonderful for Everton to win the league the year after Liverpool wouldn't it. :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on October 04, 2020, 11:46:58 AM
Would be quite wonderful for Everton to win the league the year after Liverpool wouldn't it. :lol:
Yes. Yes it would :ph34r:

QuoteBecause Solksjaer is a mediocre manager, imho. They have never found their guy since Ferguson left.
I know they did enough to justify another season, but the fact that Lampard and Solskjaer are in two of the biggest and richest clubs in England while Poch is unemployed is baffling.

With Solskjaer I sort of feel like if he does well enough (top 5 say) then he's not really a manager in a position to demand better in terms of transfers etc which is ideal for a lazy, incompetent board.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Well, Liverpool certainly doesn't want to be upstaged by ManU. All is good for Everton's title aspirations.

Looking back at ManU and Everton, I certainly can't remember a quicker fall from grace than David Moyes.

Liep

Villa ahead 4-1.. I repeat my question. I don't know what happened to the PL but I like it.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Quote from: Liep on October 04, 2020, 01:59:09 PM
Villa ahead 4-1.. I repeat my question. I don't know what happened to the PL but I like it.
I do kind of crave a nice 0-0 :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

The Appoint Norwegian PE teacher strategy was not a good strategy.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 04, 2020, 02:10:31 PM
The Appoint Norwegian PE teacher strategy was not a good strategy.
"Give it Giggsy till the end of the season."

QuoteLooking back at ManU and Everton, I certainly can't remember a quicker fall from grace than David Moyes.
I mean he's doing well managing West Ham from home :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Everton top of the league at Christmas? So far they look the best out of these first few games.

celedhring

James will get his traditional muscle injury at some point and they'll fall off.

FunkMonk

Agelastus

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 04, 2020, 02:53:23 PM
Villa and Liverpool :o  :lol:

It's been coming for a while. :(

They rode their luck before the winter break last season, went "off the boil" (or, if you prefer, "lost their edge") after it, and then shipped 3 goals in their opening match against newly promoted Leeds - Leeds are a decent side and a club with a storied history, but no champion should begin their title defense shipping that many goals. I'm not surprised that a horror show score like this has happened; possibly a little surprised at it coming so quickly after the Leeds match.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

mongers

25 goals in just 6 matches yesterday.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

FunkMonk

Quote from: mongers on October 04, 2020, 07:29:23 PM
25 goals in just 6 matches yesterday.  :hmm:

2020 is a helluva year.

Gups

Quote from: Agelastus on October 04, 2020, 04:19:53 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on October 04, 2020, 02:53:23 PM
Villa and Liverpool :o  :lol:

It's been coming for a while. :(

They rode their luck before the winter break last season, went "off the boil" (or, if you prefer, "lost their edge") after it, and then shipped 3 goals in their opening match against newly promoted Leeds - Leeds are a decent side and a club with a storied history, but no champion should begin their title defense shipping that many goals. I'm not surprised that a horror show score like this has happened; possibly a little surprised at it coming so quickly after the Leeds match.

I think that game (and the Leeds one and Man City v Leicester) demonstrate that you can't depend solely on high press and a high line, particularly when you are missing key players like Mane.