News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

PSG won 3-0 against Rasen Ball Sport Leipzig in Lisbon , so first CL ever for PSG vs the winner of Lyon-Bayern.
25 years after their first and only, till this year, semi-final.

Duque de Bragança

Well, Lyon almost scored on a counter by Depay. Good intervention by Neuer though, not so good defending by Bayern.
Game has started well. :)

Josquius

An all French final would be a huge surprise. I must support Lyon though Bayern probably have the better chance of beating PSG, who must lose.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on August 19, 2020, 02:09:59 PM
An all French final would be a huge surprise. I must support Lyon though Bayern probably have the better chance of beating PSG, who must lose.
Yeah I just want PSG to lose now. Although I would also take very real pleasure in a delighted Muller and a bereft Neymar :ph34r:  :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

What's wrong with Perdre Sans Gloire?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on August 19, 2020, 02:13:01 PM
What's wrong with Perdre Sans Gloire?

:lol:

That one has to be really old since I don't even remember reading or hearing it...
It's QSG now (Qatar Saint Germain).

Another great opportunity for Lyon, with a post hit for good measure, and then Bayern scores subsequently, with a terrific shot.

Valmy

My French cultural references are all from the 1990s  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on August 19, 2020, 02:19:24 PM

Has to be older, I don't remember it back then.

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 19, 2020, 02:20:27 PM

I mean the club isn't even all that old. But I heard it around Nice when I was there in the summer of 1998. I thought it was cute and I was proud of myself for understanding a lame sports joke in a different language :P

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on August 19, 2020, 02:22:05 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 19, 2020, 02:20:27 PM

I mean the club isn't even all that old. But I heard it around Nice when I was there in the summer of 1998. I thought it was cute and I was proud of myself for understanding a lame sports joke in a different language :P

Club was born in the 1970's.
From an OGC Nice fan in their then decrepit stadium? Takes one to know.  :P

Duque de Bragança

The first 20 minutes were difficult for Bayern with two great chances against them, but their great goal has unsurprisingly changed the game flow.
Iron law of football etc.

Valmy

I was also born in the 70s and I am not that old either  :mad:

:P

Duque de Bragança

Besides, until the QSG period  :P, the '90s were the best time for PSG.

2-0 for Bayern now. Bayern does not squander chances, unlike Lyon in the first 17-18 minutes or so.

PS: if PSG or Bayern win the CL, Porto gets to be seeded in pot 1.  :P
Give this disastrous European season, it's no small gift.

Liep

It seems like Lyon doesn't want to lose to PSG in the final.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on August 19, 2020, 03:16:20 PM
It seems like Lyon doesn't want to lose to PSG in the final.

It would be only the third time of the season.  :hmm:
All right, last one, Cup final, was on penalties.

A tweet from Jean-Marie Le Pen about this game:

Context: yesterday the PSG victory was followed by some rioting on the Champs-Élysées, as during the WC in 2018 for instance. Not to mention no social distancing.
QuoteIl n'y a qu'un seul qui puisse empêcher les débordements joyeux dimanche : c'est le Bayern Munich, s'il gagne.
https://twitter.com/lepenjm/status/1296162909593231362?s=20

Judging by the EURO 2016 Final, this may not be enough.