News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Wow... that escalated quickly. I know it was hands, but it was clearly unintended as he was pointing out a defense and quickly tried to take his arm down.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

We have the greatest ever European footballer commentating but his talents doesn't really translate.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Highlight in the game of the year has so far been a half naked girl running the field. Apparently she was advertising for a YouTuber...

Liep

I can't recall a more boring final. Mourinho had more pace and offensive ideas than either of these teams. :zzz

FunkMonk

What an awful game of foot. Wow.

Liverpool are definitely just a better team, though, so good on them. I'm happy for Klopp.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Duque de Bragança

Fell asleep at half-time, did not see much during the first half. Except that dubious penalty.

Liep

Mourinho's CL final with Porto in 2004 was indeed entertaining.  :P 15 years though, damn. Tempus fugit. I remember celebrating with champagne in on the Champs-Élysées with other Porto fans. *saudade/nostalgy*

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on June 01, 2019, 02:57:40 PM
Highlight in the game of the year has so far been a half naked girl running the field. Apparently she was advertising for a YouTuber...

How do you know she was half naked. All happened so quick; couldn't even tell what gender it was.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on June 02, 2019, 06:38:17 AM
How do you know she was half naked. All happened so quick; couldn't even tell what gender it was.

It was surprisingly slow compared to how they usually film streakers and it's NSFW enough that I won't post the pictures here, but I don't see how you could be in doubt.

Pics in the bottom. https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/championsleague/hun-stjal-billedet-under-cl-finalen/7656694

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Posting this before we lose to England or Portugal, but this Nations League stuff isn't really doing it for me.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on June 06, 2019, 01:51:17 PM
Posting this before we lose to England or Portugal, but this Nations League stuff isn't really doing it for me.

That penalty from Ligt? Happens, specially when commentators hype a player too much.
Not a great game by the Selecção yesterday, far from it, but Ronaldo saved the day, again. 
Batavians still have a half-time to turn things around since, well, English football "fans" abroad... :rolleyes:

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 06, 2019, 02:31:51 PM
Quote from: Maladict on June 06, 2019, 01:51:17 PM

That penalty from Ligt? Happens, specially when commentators hype a player too much.
Not a great game by the Selecção yesterday, far from it, but Ronaldo saved the day, again. 
Batavians still have a half-time to turn things around since, well, English football "fans" abroad... :rolleyes:

Fairly mediocre first half from both sides, don't think I'll bother with the second.

Duque de Bragança

I have nothing else to so, so I am watching.

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 06, 2019, 02:57:20 PM
I have nothing else to so, so I am watching.

You guys should have a good chance to take the title.

Duque de Bragança

Was expecting (or fearing) from the Netherlands, to be honest.
Though so some overtime and cards would also help the Selecção.  :P