News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

I mean, it clearly hits his arm which is making his blocking wider so the penalty is good. What a week in Champions League.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

OGS seems to be doing quiet well at MUFC.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Mini-remontada in Paris? This is getting ridiculous for Paris. B-team Man U(re?) was no Barça.

At least, Porto won :w00t:, despite Dzeko pulling a Müller on Pepe, the latter saved the team with a miracle save and could have doomed it with a possible second yellow.
Much better Porto than the one who played and lost versus Ben Fica last WE.
Of course, this could end in quarters with a thrashing but some luck at the draw could guarantee some lower-budget team like Porto or Ajax into semi-finals.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on March 07, 2019, 07:34:37 AM
Mini-remontada in Paris? This is getting ridiculous for Paris. B-team Man U(re?) was no Barça.

At least, Porto won :w00t:, despite Dzeko pulling a Müller on Pepe, the latter saved the team with a miracle save and could have doomed it with a possible second yellow.
Much better Porto than the one who played and lost versus Ben Fica last WE.
Of course, this could end in quarters with a thrashing but some luck at the draw could guarantee some lower-budget team like Porto or Ajax.

Yes, I can see how that would be a bit embarrassing.   :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Do they have VAR in the premier league? I don't understand that cancelled offside ruling in the City game.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on March 12, 2019, 05:02:19 PM
So Ronaldo is pretty good.

No shit Sherlock!  :lol:
Unless you meant for a 34-year old football player, which I hope so.  :P
Nobody complaining about the penalty?

Valmy

That Lebron James guy? Not too bad at Basketball.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Unless he's playing for the Lakers.

FunkMonk

:lol:

The Lakers have become the MLS of the NBA. The place world-class players go when they're past-it and ready to retire.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 13, 2019, 12:03:33 PM

The Lakers have become the MLS of the NBA. The place world-class players go when they're past-it and ready to retire.

That's becoming more China and the Middle East. Teams are slowly encouraged to move away from that and spend their money on younger South Americans. MLS also moves players to Europe.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

4 English teams in CL quarter finals, what Brexit?!

Admiral Yi

One thing I've noticed a lot of in EPL clips is that defenders trailing a breakaway don't seem very interested in catching up.

dps

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 13, 2019, 12:03:33 PM

Nah, other than LeBRon the only player they have that was ever anywhere near world-class is Rondo.  The rest of the roster is never-weres and never-will-bes.

Duque de Bragança

Champions' League Quarter finals draw

F.C Barcelona - Manchester United (Barcelona)
Tottenham - Manchester City (Man City)
Liverpool - F.C Porto (same as last year I'm afraid hopefully less goals)
Ajax-Juventus (Juventus)

Well, party is over. No clash of titans since Manchester United is not so great right now, despite the remontada vs Paris.