News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on March 01, 2019, 12:07:59 PM
Hey. I got a question for any of you Brit footie fans.

I'm going to be in London next November. I'd like to catch a game -- doesnt' matter which, there's plenty London teams to chose from

What's the easiest way of getting tickets?

Official team websites.
I'd imagine Chelsea with their small stadium are hard to get and have a dumb system of points et al, but the other teams have big enough stadiums that there shouldn't be much trouble getting tickets.
You'll have to wait until next season's fixtures are officially announced though.

If you can I'd recommend checking out a game of one of the big premier teams and one of the smaller lower league teams, to get the authentic English football experience. With these you can usually just show up and pay on the door, they usually announce on their website if cash turnstyles are open.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on March 02, 2019, 02:03:30 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 01, 2019, 12:07:59 PM
Hey. I got a question for any of you Brit footie fans.

I'm going to be in London next November. I'd like to catch a game -- doesnt' matter which, there's plenty London teams to chose from

What's the easiest way of getting tickets?

Official team websites.
I'd imagine Chelsea with their small stadium are hard to get and have a dumb system of points et al, but the other teams have big enough stadiums that there shouldn't be much trouble getting tickets.
You'll have to wait until next season's fixtures are officially announced though.

If you can I'd recommend checking out a game of one of the big premier teams and one of the smaller lower league teams, to get the authentic English football experience. With these you can usually just show up and pay on the door, they usually announce on their website if cash turnstyles are open.

ok, thanks. Which non premier teams play out of, or close to London, do you know?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

QPR, Millwall and Wimbledon.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

And next season probably Fulham :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Don't go to a Millwall match. Their fanbase is infamous for its large ultra racist hooligan element.

Wimbledon could be cool. They have an interesting story.

██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Tyr on March 03, 2019, 11:16:02 AM
Don't go to a Millwall match. Their fanbase is infamous for its large ultra racist hooligan element.

Wimbledon could be cool. They have an interesting story.

Ok thanks for the heads up.

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Support AFC Wimbledon, John Green's team.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

A band wagoning football supporter of London/EPL clubs abroad would be more interesting.  :lol:

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Liep

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Grey Fox

No, he's an American Author.

MLS is back. Impact won it's first game, great news since the start of the season is always a grueling 8 of 9 on the road.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

Fucking VAR. That was a class A goal with no clear indication of the ball being out. Just rule it as the line ref saw it.

Liep

Right call, but way too long for a VAR decision.

Tamas

It is always great to see Real Madrid humiliated. There isn't any other team deserving it more.