News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

What's worse is that Bendtner is also out injured :(
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Hey Liep, it is being said that my boy Daniel Wass is not going to be picked up for the WC because of an accusation of disloyalty to the national team. What's the take over there?

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on May 27, 2018, 04:21:18 PM
Hey Liep, it is being said that my boy Daniel Wass is not going to be picked up for the WC because of an accusation of disloyalty to the national team. What's the take over there?

Translation mistake I think. Hareide said he valued loyalty (both ways) in that he wanted to choose players who played during the qualification, and I'm not sure Wass played a lot then.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Quote from: dps on May 27, 2018, 01:48:19 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 26, 2018, 04:56:26 PM
Salah out of the World Cup according to the BBC, very good news for the Russian football team.

He says he's "confident" he'll be able to play, while the Egyptian Football Association says it's "optimistic" that he'll be available.  Liverpool seems much more dubious about the severity of the injury.

I have a feeling Egypt and Salah himself will insist he's perfectly healthy enough to play in June, only for Salah to sustain an even worse injury which will put him out for the entirety of next season at Liverpool.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

dps

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 27, 2018, 07:27:53 PM
Salah out of the World Cup according to the BBC, very good news for the Russian football team.

He says he's "confident" he'll be able to play, while the Egyptian Football Association says it's "optimistic" that he'll be available.  Liverpool seems much more dubious about the severity of the injury.

I have a feeling Egypt and Salah himself will insist he's perfectly healthy enough to play in June, only for Salah to sustain an even worse injury which will put him out for the entirety of next season at Liverpool.

I wouldn't be shocked.  He wouldn't be the first athlete to play when he really shouldn't have and end up hurting himself even worse.

Liep

Quote from: Liep on May 27, 2018, 05:24:06 PM

Translation mistake I think. Hareide said he valued loyalty (both ways) in that he wanted to choose players who played during the qualification, and I'm not sure Wass played a lot then.

He also said that Eriksen would always be preferred over Wass and that Krohn-Dehli was a more versatile backup.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on May 28, 2018, 06:11:16 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 27, 2018, 05:24:06 PM

He also said that Eriksen would always be preferred over Wass and that Krohn-Dehli was a more versatile backup.

Eriksen is ahead of Wass in the pecking order, no doubt about that, but Krohn-Dehli is also ahead? He's pretty washed already, and his last injuries have made him a shadow of his former self.

Regarding the translation, what was said over here is that Wass had shown some kind of disloyalty for not playing some of the post season friendlies that the national team played, and that it made the coach valued him less because of that. AFAIK he played all the official matches.

celedhring

I was about to say, Krohn-Dehli has had a really mediocre season.

Liep

Well, one headline here is "Wassøren??" Which translate coarsely into "Wass The Fuck?". So you're not the only ones wondering about that decision.

Maladict

Quote from: dps on May 27, 2018, 08:23:33 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 27, 2018, 07:27:53 PM

I wouldn't be shocked.  He wouldn't be the first athlete to play when he really shouldn't have and end up hurting himself even worse.

Egypt qualified for the first time since 1990. It's now or never.

Liep

The Larch

For a second I thought it said Wakanda.  :lol:

Barrister

I assume the Rwandan president just wanted to be able to hobnob with Arsenal execs.  Because that sounds like a spectacularly bad investment otherwise.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2018, 09:42:48 AM
I assume the Rwandan president just wanted to be able to hobnob with Arsenal execs.  Because that sounds like a spectacularly bad investment otherwise.

:secret:

Arsène Wenger is no longer there.  :P

Great coach, but a couple of years too much, out of 20 or so, truth be said.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2018, 09:42:48 AM

Whether it's a bad investment depends on how much they paid for the advertisement. Given tourism and travel makes up ~12.7% of Rwanda's GDP, promoting it seems a pretty reasonable use of money.