Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I still have memories of South Korea.

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on May 25, 2018, 07:48:03 AM

I'm sure it'll be obvious, but still won't be enough. South Korea had a better team then than Russia has now.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on May 25, 2018, 08:59:19 AM

I'm sure it'll be obvious, but still won't be enough. South Korea had a better team then than Russia has now.

Agree on the first part, but not on the second. The problem with your analogy is that Russia fielded not so long ago much better teams, something South Korea never really did. OTOH, the South Koreans did stop or cancel the season of their league for the competition, something the Russians did not.

Liep

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 25, 2018, 09:09:51 AM
Quote from: Liep on May 25, 2018, 08:59:19 AM

Agree on the first part, but not on the second. The problem with your analogy is that Russia fielded not so long ago much better teams, something South Korea never really did. OTOH, the South Koreans did stop or cancel the season of their league for the competition, something the Russians did not.

The few games I've seen them play in the last couple of years have not left me impressed.

Anyhoo, the WC single is out and of course it's horrible. https://youtu.be/kFMZUxX6K6o
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

South Korea wasn't good. There was rampant cheating on their behalf.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on May 25, 2018, 09:33:41 AM

Anyhoo, the WC single is out and of course it's horrible. https://youtu.be/kFMZUxX6K6o

Having Will Smith in it is certainly part of harsher US sanctions against Russia, there cannot be another reason.

FunkMonk

It must be said: Liverpool's keeper is fucking hilariously bad

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on May 26, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

Yes. Also Ramos is a true spiritual successor to Pepe.

Liep

Quote from: Tamas on May 26, 2018, 03:53:29 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on May 26, 2018, 03:34:52 PM

Yes. Also Ramos is a true spiritual successor to Pepe.

Both correct. I felt really bad for Karius though when he tearfully went to apologise to the Liverpool fans.

Duque de Bragança

Salah out of the World Cup according to the BBC, very good news for the Russian football team.

Barrister

I have been to three separate kids soccer games today.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

I failed to watch the game, sleep took me.
But poor Liverpool. And Gareth Bale to be the one...wow.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Tyr on May 26, 2018, 08:32:41 PM

Getting old?  :lol:

Josquius

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 27, 2018, 05:59:46 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 26, 2018, 08:32:41 PM

Getting old?  :lol:
In Japan and I've been hiking in the sun all day for 2 weeks. . Iirc kick off was 3.30
██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 26, 2018, 04:56:26 PM
Salah out of the World Cup according to the BBC, very good news for the Russian football team.

He says he's "confident" he'll be able to play, while the Egyptian Football Association says it's "optimistic" that he'll be available.  Liverpool seems much more dubious about the severity of the injury.