News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 18, 2018, 10:07:50 AM
France 98's victory is the day a Celebrate the most in my life.

What a day!

Hey! Me to! :frog:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Oddly all three south coast teams avoided relegation from the premiership; Saints by the skin of their teeth, though not quite a 'great escape'

I was convince at least one if not two were not going to survive.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 18, 2018, 10:07:50 AM
France 98's victory is the day a Celebrate the most in my life.

What a day!

Footix !

Grey Fox

I had to google that. I didn't know/remember the name of that Mascot.

:glare:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Well you can stop celebrating now that Platini has admitted it was won thanks to cheating :P

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on May 23, 2018, 08:37:42 AM
Well you can stop celebrating now that Platini has admitted it was won thanks to cheating :P

Nah. Maybe it was made marginally easier in the group stage but that was a pretty loaded French team. They probably would have gotten through either way.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2018, 08:48:10 AM
Quote from: Tamas on May 23, 2018, 08:37:42 AM

Nah. Maybe it was made marginally easier in the group stage but that was a pretty loaded French team. They probably would have gotten through either way.

Yeah, with top players such as Guivarc'h or Diomède.  :lol:
If you want a pretty loaded French team, try 2000, and even there they had some luck with refereeing though no outright Platini-magouille, of course, nor mysterious Ronaldo poisoning.  :P

Valmy

I was there for 2000 as well  :cool:

Good teams always seem to have "luck". Weird.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2018, 09:53:49 AM
I was there for 2000 as well  :cool:

Really? In Belgium and the Netherlands?  :P

Good teams always seem to have "luck". Weird.

Sometimes more than luck, cf. France '98. QED.  :P

Grey Fox

This is some ballsy revisionist history to move the cheating from the Quarter-finals to the Group draws.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Rabiot, a PSG midfielder selected in a group of backups for the French squad, has apparently had a diva tantrum and told the French Federation that being a reserve is beneath him and to not count on him for the WC. The competition has not even started and there's already turnmoil in Les Bleus.  :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 23, 2018, 10:02:16 AM
Really? In Belgium and the Netherlands?  :P

Yep. Now bear in mind I did not attend any of the matches in person either time but I was there taking in the chaos.

Sometimes more than luck, cf. France '98. QED.  :P

Other times your star player headbutts the opposition in a key moment. Hey it wasn't luck that beat Brazil.

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on May 23, 2018, 10:19:29 AM
Rabiot, a PSG midfielder selected in a group of backups for the French squad, has apparently had a diva tantrum and told the French Federation that being a reserve is beneath him and to not count on him for the WC. The competition has not even started and there's already turnmoil in Les Bleus.  :lol:

They bring a certain 'je ne sais quoi' to every competition.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2018, 10:29:11 AM

Yep. Now bear in mind I did not attend any of the matches in person either time but I was there taking in the chaos.

I'd say, given my memories of the Euro '2000, since I attended a game there, speaking of chaos is grossly exagerated.  :P

Other times your star player headbutts the opposition in a key moment. Hey it wasn't luck that beat Brazil.

Yeah, some food poisoning.   :P

As for Rabiot, turnmoil within the Bleus, not yet. He has not been a key player for the national squad by any account. Final diva tantrum with Deschamps as national coach? Perhaps, yes.
A coach known for his luck, at least in group phase, with the best player of a rival side out of the competition for doping, Paolo Guerrero. Without his appeal, Guerrero would have played the World Cup.

Valmy

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 23, 2018, 10:40:57 AM
I'd say, given my memories of the Euro '2000, since I attended a game there, speaking of chaos is grossly exagerated.  :P

Whatever. It was fun. And shows that whenever I am there France wins.