News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

RT: A plot by the American government to overshadow the World Cup.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Michael Laudrup, hell of a player. Classiest guy I've ever seen in a pitch.

Josquius

So. Everton. What on earth is going on there?
And will Allardyce ever stay away?
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

World cup Draw is over!

Group A

RUS
KSA
EGY
URU

Group B

POR
ESP
MOR
IRN

Group C

FRA
AUS
PER
DEN

Group D

ARG
ISL
CRO
NGA

Group E

BRA
SUI
CRC
SRB

Group F

GER
MEX
SWE
KOR

Group G

BEL
PAN
TUN
ENG

Group H

POL
SEN
COL
JAP

Group D, D for death?

Portugal gets the pot 2 team nobody wanted too.
France or rather Deschamps is lucky again (la chatte à Dédé).

Liep

Last World Cup (that we were in) we beat France, we can do it again! Although, they seem to be in a better shape today than in 2010 :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on December 01, 2017, 11:02:36 AM
Last World Cup (that we were in) we beat France, we can do it again! Although, they seem to be in a better shape today than in 2010 :hmm:

Liep, master of understatement.  :P Of course, French supporters prefer to recall '98. ;)

Russia got a reasonable draw too, with Saudi Arabia and Egypt. Of course, there is Uruguay, but they can make it.

Maladict

Group D looks like fun. And Portugal gets a tough draw which is always a good thing.

How did Poland end up in Pot 1?  :huh:

Liep

Barrister

ICeland qualified for the world cup? :huh:

I know they had that monster Euro a few years ago, but I wouldn't have thought they'd continue with that kind of success.

In a year with no Italy and no US, the fact that Iceland made it really stands out.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2017, 12:06:39 PM

I know they had that monster Euro a few years ago, but I wouldn't have thought they'd continue with that kind of success.

In a year with no Italy and no US, the fact that Iceland made it really stands out.

They won their group iirc. And I like that you didn't mention Holland's absence. :P

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on December 01, 2017, 12:10:10 PM

They won their group iirc. And I like that you didn't mention Holland's absence. :P

I was pretty sure there was another big soccuer country that didn't make it, but couldn't immediately pick out who it was from looking at the countries. :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

If anything they improved after Euro '16. I would expect them to beat the US or Holland any time the way they're playing now.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2017, 12:11:35 PM
Quote from: Liep on December 01, 2017, 12:10:10 PM

I was pretty sure there was another big soccuer country that didn't make it, but couldn't immediately pick out who it was from looking at the countries. :P

Yes, Chile.  :P

Josquius

Rather than Iceland Panama making it is the bigger shock given North America has fewer places
██████
██████
██████