Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Josephus on August 12, 2017, 08:24:24 AM
Meanwhile, us Liverpool fans are in for another frustrating season

Sell us Coutinho and buy better defenders  :P

dps

Quote from: Josephus on August 11, 2017, 10:08:25 PM
There will never be promotion/relegation in MLS.

When owners put millions into the franchise, they don't intend on investing in a team that can potentially disappear into a  second-tier league. It's MLS Tier One or nothing.

I don't disagree, but MLS have said that they are considering it.

Another problem is that the lower-tier leagues in the US aren't stable in the first place;  you might end up relegating someone to a league that doesn't exist anymore.

Agelastus

Quote from: celedhring on August 12, 2017, 09:22:54 AM
Quote from: Josephus on August 12, 2017, 08:24:24 AM
Meanwhile, us Liverpool fans are in for another frustrating season

Sell us Coutinho and buy better defenders  :P

I don't think that'll help - Liverpool's weakness against clubs in the lower reaches of the Premiership has been their major Achilles heel for the last 20 years. As far as I can recall they've had 2 decent chances at the title in the last 20 years, and failing to put away the minnows is what, more than anything, killed those chances off.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Josquius

It is not going to be Chelsea's year. Everything went against them with Burnley. No way was it a red for cahill.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

It was kind of borderline red, really.

The media of course jumped on the "meltdown", they'd love a story of two years ago repeating. Also they play up Matic to be the best midfielder ever just because we sold him. If they actually paid attention the last couple of years they'd know we had Peak Matic 2-3 years ago.

I just hope the players will forget the first half and remember the second, they showed great spirit, stupid acts of frustration aside.

Morata is off to a flying start, but of course strikers often have really awesome starts in new teams, just to peter out. Will never forget how awed I was by Mutu, then he snorted his career up his nose.

Also this Christensen did well considering he was sent in for his first match in such circumstances. And I admit I didn't even notice we signed this Rudiger fellow, but I liked him.

Syt

So Hamburger SV, who in recent years have become a bit of a laughing stock in German Bundesliga, add another chapter.

During the first match of the season, Nicolai Müller scored a goal, cheered, and during his celebration tore a knee ligament and will be out for 7 months. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziQyWRfKEwM
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Ousmane Dembélé leaves Dortmund for Barcelona - for a fee of 105 to 147 million Euro. The sheer absurdity of these sums is mindblowing. Second most expensive player ever despite having played less than 100 professional games and only seven national games...  :hmm:

Josquius

So Liverpool managed to keep their man and avoid selling him for 135 mil....
Hope he's worth it.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

That was one of the worst first half performances from Arsenal I've ever seen. They should be down 4-0. Or 8-2. :looking at United:

Sell Alexis, sell Ozil, sell Ox; they obviously don't want to be at Arsenal anymore. Fire Wenger. Burn it down and start over. The rot eating away at this organization is overwhelming and finally is catching up with the team.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Arsene really should have left after the cup win last season. Stan should have insisted but he and the board don't really seem to care. 

At least the 8-2 could be chalked up to Arsene refusing to sign players and sending the kids out to be slaughtered. What is wrong at the club now can't be fixed by transfers. No one seems to care. 4-0 today almost feels worse than the loss to United.

Duque de Bragança

World Cup Qualifiers Highlight

France 4 Netherlands 0

Most of the goals were scored after the Dutch were reduced to players after two yellows but the Dutch are really in a sad state but France seemed really superior, a far cry from the game vs Sweden in June.
Added to the Swedish loss 2-3 in Bulgaria, the French national squad is again first of the group.

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on August 31, 2017, 03:50:23 PM
World Cup Qualifiers Highlight

France 4 Netherlands 0

Most of the goals were scored after the Dutch were reduced to players after two yellows but the Dutch are really in a sad state but France seemed really superior, a far cry from the game vs Sweden in June.
Added to the Swedish loss 2-3 in Bulgaria, the French national squad is again first of the group.

It was a rout. Worst loss in something like 50 years, and deservedly so.

Oddly enough our chances for second place improved thanks to Bulgaria.

Pedrito

...aaaand PSG bought Mbappé too.

:rolleyes:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Liep

Denmark 4 - 0 Poland

And suddenly everybody thinks our team is good again, I'll wait with praise until after the away game in Armenia and Montenegro. #2games1point
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk