And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Josephus on July 27, 2017, 08:42:56 PM
With two Toronto FC players in the starting XI
But it was a Seattle Sounder who won it all.  ;)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::yeah: :showoff:

Denmark 2 - 1 Germany

We're going to the semifinals in the Euros!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on July 30, 2017, 06:52:53 AM
:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::yeah: :showoff:

Denmark 2 - 1 Germany

We're going to the semifinals in the Euros!

:cool:

I predict the England women will progress, where the mens team failed.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza

Germany won the last twenty years, so I guess it shows the other teams are catching up.

Maladict

Good job Denmark. Some interesting semifinals to look forward to.

Josquius

Is it just me or is womens football very different. The pitch feels so much bigger.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

So, it seems that PSG will pay Barcelona 200+ million € for Neymar. World going mad, and so on and so forth.

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on August 02, 2017, 07:32:37 AM
So, it seems that PSG will pay Barcelona 200+ million € for Neymar. World going mad, and so on and so forth.

World confirmed to be mad, price for Neymar landed on €222 million.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Grey Fox

In other world shattering news, the most famous French Canadian player is joining his hometown team Montreal Impact after a 5 year pro career in Europe.

:yeah:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on August 03, 2017, 12:25:02 PM
Quote from: The Larch on August 02, 2017, 07:32:37 AM

Qatar confirmed to be mad, price for Neymar landed on €222 million.

Fixed! I'd rather Qatar spend money for Neymar than for their islamist/PR agenda. :whistle:

Josephus

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 03, 2017, 01:39:31 PM
In other world shattering news, the most famous French Canadian player is joining his hometown team Montreal Impact after a 5 year pro career in Europe.

:yeah:

Who?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

La Liga say they won't accept Neymar transfer under Financial Fair Play rules. Good on them. Hope this holds.

Edit: Read another article and they seem to have circumvented it by giving the money to Neymar who then paid his own transfer fee...
I hope he paid income tax on that...

Liep

Admiral Yi

I didn't realize the French league was that lucrative.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 03, 2017, 03:19:42 PM
I didn't realize the French league was that lucrative.
It is really PSG only, rich from Oil money owners.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son