News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dps

I have doubts about shortening the matches to 60 minutes will cut down much on time-wasting.

Josquius

It makes sense, but it does sound a bit overly Americanised, and would of course need some rule on a maximum length of 100 minutes or so including ball out of play time.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: dps on June 24, 2017, 05:54:45 PM
I have doubts about shortening the matches to 60 minutes will cut down much on time-wasting.

It's the part about stopping the clock when the ball is not in play what would achieve that. Cutting down halves to 60 min is necessary because games would be much longer otherwise.

Liep

It's been 5 years since the last celebration of our Euro Cup win and 25 is a much bigger event than 20 years, so the state tv commissioned new documentaries, of course. No new movie though, bit disappointing really.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Zanza

The German U21 won in the semi-finals of the Euro against the English U21. In a penalty shootout. :)

Josephus

Quote from: Zanza on June 27, 2017, 02:02:54 PM
The German U21 won in the semi-finals of the Euro against the English U21. In a penalty shootout. :)

Shocker  :D
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Hey Liep, my team has bought another player from the Danish league, a certain Lobotka, Slovakian midfielder that used to play for Nordsjaelland. Is he any good?

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
Hey Liep, my team has bought another player from the Danish league, a certain Lobotka, Slovakian midfielder that used to play for Nordsjaelland. Is he any good?

You're asking too much of me, I haven't really watched a Danish league game in a many years.

Never heard of that guy, but Nordsjælland is well known here for their talent development. Last year they sold Emre Mor to Dortmund
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on July 20, 2017, 10:46:27 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2017, 10:21:10 AM

You're asking too much of me, I haven't really watched a Danish league game in a many years.

Never heard of that guy, but Nordsjælland is well known here for their talent development. Last year they sold Emre Mor to Dortmund

It's not as if I have many other sources about Danish footie.  :P

Josquius

Adnan Januzaj. Fresh off his super shitty loan season at Sunderland. Has been sold for 10 million to Porto.
What is wrong with the world?
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2017, 10:57:23 AM

I did a little research, and apparently he's very good. Player of the Year in FCN and they knew they wouldn't be able to keep him due to his talents.

Also: An international scout from Sweden noted that he's way too good for the Danish league.

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on July 20, 2017, 11:29:57 AM
Adnan Januzaj. Fresh off his super shitty loan season at Sunderland. Has been sold for 10 million to Porto.
What is wrong with the world?

Real Sociedad, you must surely mean.

The Larch

Quote from: Liep on July 20, 2017, 11:36:50 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 20, 2017, 10:57:23 AM

I did a little research, and apparently he's very good. Player of the Year in FCN and they knew they wouldn't be able to keep him due to his talents.

Also: An international scout from Sweden noted that he's way too good for the Danish league.

Ok, sounds promising enough. Thanks! :cheers:

Jacob

One of my colleagues returned from a wedding in Europe where his cousin married a Portuguese football player. Apparently he's the guy who scored the winning goal in the Euro 2016 final.

What can you tell me about him?

The Larch

Quote from: Jacob on July 20, 2017, 12:09:14 PM
One of my colleagues returned from a wedding in Europe where his cousin married a Portuguese football player. Apparently he's the guy who scored the winning goal in the Euro 2016 final.

What can you tell me about him?

Éder?