News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Syt on February 16, 2017, 05:52:03 AM
Commentary on a German website this morning: "At last, Arsenal plays as well as Barcelona." :D

:D

Well done.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Josephus

I swear to God being a Liverpool fan is a draining experience.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Man, what a screw up by Paris in Barcelona...

celedhring

Tamas

:lol:

What an incredible comeback.

HVC

just looked up the score, ouch.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Great show by Barcelona and all, but a defence that concedes 3 goals in less than 10 minutes (even if the penalty was probably unfair) has some explaining to do.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Liep

Fuck. I'm two hours ahead so I went to sleep at 3-1 thinking the impossible was once again impossible. Amazing stuff.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Down 0-2 against Bulgaria in the first half. Another no-show for the next WC.  <_<

Duque de Bragança

4th (!) of their group with 7 points behind France, Sweden and Bulgaria. Only 3 points from Sweden the second though. France will qualify. Luxembourg did what it could but lost 3-1.

As for Portugal, against Hungary, 3 goals scored, great goals again, but no goals by Hungary. Portugal still second, 3 points from Switzerland.

Josephus

for some reason they went with a 17 year old CB?
Civis Romanus Sum

Maladict

Quote from: Josephus on March 25, 2017, 05:55:07 PM
for some reason they went with a 17 year old CB?

Coach took a chance when a number of regulars had to drop out due to injuries.
It will probably cost him his job. Hopefully the kid won't have his international carreer ruined because of this.