And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 01, 2016, 10:49:20 AM
Lmao Toronto lol

The leafs are now officially the worst team in the city :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

CFl is not a sport :rolleyes:

They Argos have won the grey cup twice in 12 years. The leafs have only made the playoffs once in that time frame.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2016, 02:01:43 PM
Quote from: HVC on December 01, 2016, 01:55:49 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on December 01, 2016, 10:49:20 AM
Lmao Toronto lol

The leafs are now officially the worst team in the city :lol:

Worse than the Argos? :yeahright:

How can the Argos be bad? The great Ricky Williams played for them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

Well. Looks like my earlier hope that Sunderland are ahead of schedule this year is proving to be true- usually we start crap, get a new manager in in Autumn, then we start playing well but making a lot of stupid mistakes and still not getting results, then start winning in the last 10 games.
This time we got the new manager at the very beginning of the season and seem to have already passed through the playing decent but failing stage.

But Leicester.
Whats up with them this year?
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on December 03, 2016, 04:34:01 PM
But Leicester.

They lost Kante, and also it's not unheard of that a surprise winner can't surprise two years in a row. In 99/00 Herfølge won the Danish league only to relegate the following year.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on December 03, 2016, 04:39:54 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 03, 2016, 04:34:01 PM
But Leicester.

They lost Kante, and also it's not unheard of that a surprise winner can't surprise two years in a row. In 99/00 Herfølge won the Danish league only to relegate the following year.

Completely didn't expect Leicester to win the league this year. At the least having to deal with Europe would hurt them.
But for them to be towards the relegation zone....
██████
██████
██████

Liep

The end of City - Chelsea was ridiculous. I hope both Aguero and Fernandinho gets 3+ games suspensions.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

The guy who commited the foul for sure.
The other one sent off.... not so much. The Chelsea player who provoked him on the other hand should.
██████
██████
██████

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."