Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

QuoteRome went with something less known

:lol:

Duque de Bragança

So what's the chosen logo for the Euro 2020 games taking place in Azerbaijan? Great decision by Platini and his ilk to have this nomad Euro in a continental scale. Making it impossible to follow a team for the whole tournament. :rolleyes:

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Duque de Bragança

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

:lol:

Well, Paris still won that game but yeah Cavani has been... irregular.  :P

Duque de Bragança

Well, that was short. After a difficult beginning, Sweden scored a goal in the second half and then collapsed in the second half with a somewhat nervous Swedish goalie.

2-1 final score.

Duque de Bragança

Well, Valmy is probably pissed off since Mexico won in Columbus for the first time since 1972. Will Valmy support the new wall against Mexico?  :hmm: :P

Given the generous if not biased slots for the WC this is not a disaster for the US team.

Liep

Apparently we won against Kazakhstan in a move in the right direction after being beaten my Armenia. I'm still not quite sure why Kazakhstan is a member of UEFA though. :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on November 12, 2016, 08:30:46 AM
Apparently we won against Kazakhstan in a move in the right direction after being beaten my Armenia. I'm still not quite sure why Kazakhstan is a member of UEFA though. :hmm:

Well it's probably no more dubious than Georgia, which iirc has about 2 sq.miles within Europe, so maybe they've a similar spot of land.

Of course it could be that the bureaucrats just gave all constituent parts of the Soviet Union, membership when it broke up??
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on November 12, 2016, 09:08:30 AM

Well it's probably no more dubious than Georgia, which iirc has about 2 sq.miles within Europe, so maybe they've a similar spot of land.

Of course it could be that the bureaucrats just gave all constituent parts of the Soviet Union, membership when it broke up??

Not all parts, the other 'stans play in Asia, though Kazakhstan switched to UEFA since it is more "competitive" and easier to qualify with more spots, or so they thought.

dps

Quote from: mongers on November 12, 2016, 09:08:30 AM

I think part of it's west of the Volga, which is the traditional demarcation line.

Duque de Bragança

Ural, not Volga. Kazakhstan does not reach the Volga.

The "European" part is mostly desert though.

dps

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 12, 2016, 11:32:08 AM
Ural, not Volga. Kazakhstan does not reach the Volga.

The "European" part is mostly desert though.

D'oh.  I meant Ural;  don't know why I said Volga.

And yeah, it's Europe's only desert.

Josquius

Since the Europe-Asia split is pretty arbitrary anyway we should really redefine it to be at Russia's western border (Kalingrad excluded).
██████
██████
██████