News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on October 08, 2016, 11:30:22 AM
Aww poor Malta. I'm cheering for them because it'd be funny for England to lose.

We had a good half hour.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

all in all a good result for my homeboys. Well done.  :)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Dammit, the Netherlands haven't recovered yet. Lost at home 0-1 to France.

PS: Maladict, penalty or not by Koscielny (the one who discreetly held Eder in July 10th at the SdF)?

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 11, 2016, 12:04:30 AM
Dammit, the Netherlands haven't recovered yet. Lost at home 0-1 to France.

PS: Maladict, penalty or not by Koscielny (the one who discreetly held Eder in July 10th at the SdF)?

It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. I don't think anyone expects Holland to place first in this group.

And yes, definitely a penalty. Apparently the video ref told the coach afterwards he looked at the images twice and it wasn't a penalty.  :wacko:

Duque de Bragança

Unsurprisingly, Koscielny says otherwise. He also deflected a shot with the hand again in the Premier League some days ago. ;)
French fans says there was a penalty not called for the French squad later on, Strootman's unlawful tackle on Gameiro or was it Sidibé?

As for the Netherlands, maybe not first but Sweden is proving resilient despite no God or Zlatan.

In other news, Gibraltar lost again at "home" (Al-Gharb stadium in Portugal) against Belgium. First goal took like 7 seconds to be scored.  :o 6-0 for Belgium

Josquius

Sunderlands keeper has been called up for england.
True he will be 3rd choice and never play, would have been better off sticking with the u21s.
But still. A sunderland player being called up for england. 
This never happens.
No matter how good or how southern english a sunderland player is, being in the north east renders him invisible .
Strange times.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

England has a real hard time finding good goalies. If your lad does decently he could claim his spot there. There isn't that much competition.

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on October 11, 2016, 02:12:49 AM
Unsurprisingly, Koscielny says otherwise. He also deflected a shot with the hand again in the Premier League some days ago. ;)
French fans says there was a penalty not called for the French squad later on, Strootman's unlawful tackle on Gameiro or was it Sidibé?

As for the Netherlands, maybe not first but Sweden is proving resilient despite no God or Zlatan.

Yeah, the Dutch may well crash out again in qualifying.  :(

And I'm not saying they were robbed, France was the better team last night.

Liep

The women and U-21 qualified, so we have that to cherish while we're losing to Montenegro.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

The game was on a channel I refuse to pay money for so didn't see it, judging from Twitter that was the best possible move though. Denmark 0 - 1 Montenegro. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

HVC

If Jesus was a goalie

http://i.imgur.com/5lu97Fd.gifs

Don't know how to make gifs work here, so go to the link

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

Syt

If there was any doubt that big sports associations are scum:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37720274

QuoteThe Champions League final could be played outside of Europe, says new Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin.

The Slovenian will revive an open bidding process to host the final, and is open to it being staged in New York.

"It might be an idea but we have to speak about it," said Ceferin, who was named head of European football's governing body last month.

The 61 finals have all been held in Europe but Ceferin said travel to the US would be "no problem" for fans.

He added: "To go from Portugal to Azerbaijan for example is almost the same or the same as if you go to New York.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

And what he actually means is that he wants to sell it to Qatar.

Liep

The circle bridge has been chosen to feature on Copenhagen's logo for the Euro 2020 competition. I think we get to host 3 games! :w00t:

Rome went with something less known