And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on July 20, 2016, 01:22:12 PM
Looks like Allerdyce to be made official soon.  :bowler:

Wenger would not touch the English squad with a three metre pole it seems. ;)

Josquius

"England" is really doing its best to top my shit list this year.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Josephus on July 20, 2016, 01:22:12 PM
Looks like Allerdyce to be made official soon.  :bowler:

Donkeys lead by a donkey.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

That price tag on Pogba is insane. But kudos to his agent on making 18 million pounds for selling a black man to the British.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

I want to get into that agency business. Will make even more than Malthus :lmfao:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Pedrito

Quote from: Liep on July 21, 2016, 06:34:22 AM
That price tag on Pogba is insane. But kudos to his agent on making 18 million pounds for selling a black man to the British.
Seriously insane.

As a Juve fan, I say for 120 million euros I'll bring him to Manchester on a silver plate, with an apple stuffed in his ass.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

celedhring

We've bought André Gomes for 35 rising to 55. It's a lot of money, but football is stupid like that nowadays. I do like him quite a bit though, think he'll be a great signing going in the future.

Pedrito

Speaking of crazy transfer fees, Juventus is going to pay the € 90 million (groan) release clause of Gonzalo Higuain to Napoli.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

FunkMonk

€1 billion players are on the horizon, aren't they?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josquius

It does look like the increased money in the premier league has had the expected effect. :(
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on July 18, 2016, 12:44:32 PM
After 1966, England reached three semifinals (1968, 1990, and 1996).

In the same time Germany reached 18 semifinals and won six tournaments, Italy reached 11 semifinals and won three tournaments, France reached 8 semifinals and won three tournaments, Spain reached four semifinals and won three tournaments, Holland reached ten semifinals and won one tournament and Portugal reached six semifinals and won one tournament.

The Czech Republic has a better record with four semifinals and a win...

So yeah, England's competitive record is not particularly impressive.
And as has been pointed out, with that record we're getting sniffy about Sam Allardyce? :lol:

On the other hand Tyr can be calm. I'm fairly sure Sunderland will be fine with Moyes. Though it looks like he might just be rebuilding the Everton team of 2009, you might make a move for Fellaini soon :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 26, 2016, 04:45:43 PM
Quote from: Zanza on July 18, 2016, 12:44:32 PM
After 1966, England reached three semifinals (1968, 1990, and 1996).

In the same time Germany reached 18 semifinals and won six tournaments, Italy reached 11 semifinals and won three tournaments, France reached 8 semifinals and won three tournaments, Spain reached four semifinals and won three tournaments, Holland reached ten semifinals and won one tournament and Portugal reached six semifinals and won one tournament.

The Czech Republic has a better record with four semifinals and a win...

So yeah, England's competitive record is not particularly impressive.
And as has been pointed out, with that record we're getting sniffy about Sam Allardyce? :lol:

On the other hand Tyr can be calm. I'm fairly sure Sunderland will be fine with Moyes. Though it looks like he might just be rebuilding the Everton team of 2009, you might make a move for Fellaini soon :mellow:

Don't worry, Big Sam will have Andy Carroll knocking in bullet headers from Mark Noble crosses in the 2018 World Cup Final like nobody's business. I can't wait.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Ed Anger

He is a retarded  centaur
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive