News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Nations League groups in full:

Group A1: Austria, Croatia, Denmark, France.

Group A2: Czech Republic, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain.

Group A3: Hungary, England, Germany, Italy.

Group A4: Wales, Poland, Netherlands, Belgium.

Group B1: Ukraine, Scotland, Republic of Ireland, Armenia

Group B2: Iceland, Russia, Israel, Albania

Group B3: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Finland, Romania, Montenegro

Group B4: Sweden, Norway, Serbia, Slovenia

Group C1: Turkey, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Faroe Islands

Group C2: Northern Ireland, Greece, Kosovo, Cyprus/Estonia*

Group C3: Slovakia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan/Moldova*

Group C4: Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Georgia, Gibraltar

Group D1: Liechtenstein, Kazakhstan/Moldova*, Andorra, Latvia

Group D2: Malta, Cyprus/Estonia*, San Marino

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on December 16, 2021, 01:23:20 PM
Quote from: Maladict on December 16, 2021, 01:21:23 PM

:ph34r:

Group of death! Obviously.

QuoteGroup A2: Czech Republic, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain.

Should not be too easy as well.

QuoteGroup A4: Wales, Poland, Netherlands, Belgium.

Two big, neighboring, countries as well, though more one-sided behind. Poor Poles led by Paulo Sousa.  :P

PS: assuming he is still coach then. ;)

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on December 16, 2021, 01:23:20 PM
Quote from: Maladict on December 16, 2021, 01:21:23 PM

:ph34r:

:lol: wtf

But that should be good for Hungary. The current team is best when they can dig in and defend desperately for 90 minutes. If the opponent stops coming at them and they need to attack out it all falls apart.

Maladict

I guess Turkey will get out of the embarrassing group C now  :lol:

Josquius

I look at that group and not a single game stands out as one where the England fans are likely to behave. :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Tyr on December 16, 2021, 03:15:43 PM
I look at that group and not a single game stands out as one where the England fans are likely to behave. :lol:

They can re-fight WW2 in each match. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Well the British never did directly fight the Hungarians...though they probably dropped bombs on them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2021, 04:28:54 PM
Well the British never did directly fight the Hungarians...though they probably dropped bombs on them.

In all probability Hungarian units fought British ones in Italy in 1918.

Jacob

Quote from: Tyr on December 16, 2021, 03:15:43 PM

Given how England fans behaved when playing Denmark, I don't think it matters anymore.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on December 16, 2021, 04:35:29 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 16, 2021, 04:28:54 PM

In all probability Hungarian units fought British ones in Italy in 1918.

Not WW2 though. I mean when the British decided to back the evil Prussians in the Seven Years War they probably fought Hungarians a few times then as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josephus

England v Italy, 2020 Euro final rematch. That's going to be a standout--along with Malta v. San Marino.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on December 16, 2021, 07:15:38 PM
England v Italy, 2020 Euro final rematch. That's going to be a standout--along with Malta v. San Marino.

Malta will probably replace Gibraltar in the C groups (too high for Gibraltar).

San Marino v Gibraltar clash fans will have to wait the following edition.

FunkMonk

Arsenal slotted 4 past a weakened Leeds today. Martinelli with 2 excellent goals makes 3 in 2 games for him. Kid is refining his game and making better decisions on top of polishing up his technique. He is going to be another star. Odegaard bossed the game today, and Saka was Saka, always effecting the game and making things happen. And Smith-Rowe now has 7 league goals this season. He's tied with Ronaldo, but none of Smith-Rowe's are penalties  :lol:

The kids are alright. Really excited for the future. Assuming they don't get pinched by City  :yuk:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.