News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 26, 2022, 01:33:33 AMSaudi Arabia Players Will Get A Rolls-Royce Each After Upset Against Argentina

Poland proved tougher than Argentina:

Poland 2 Saudi Arabia 0
The polish goalkeeper stopped a penalty and made quite a few saves. Saudia Arabia can still be out of this Wahhabi Cup.

Threviel

The Larch

That was a really interesting game, even before any goal was scored. Maybe it would have been fairer if it was a draw, but France was slightly better, I think.

Duque de Bragança

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on November 26, 2022, 12:57:41 PMThat was a really interesting game, even before any goal was scored. Maybe it would have been fairer if it was a draw, but France was slightly better, I think.

In the first half yes, Denmark improved in the second half. France was not that well but Kyky woke up.

Threviel

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 26, 2022, 01:04:20 PM
Quote from: The Larch on November 26, 2022, 12:57:41 PMThat was a really interesting game, even before any goal was scored. Maybe it would have been fairer if it was a draw, but France was slightly better, I think.

In the first half yes, Denmark improved in the second half. France was not that well but Kyky woke up.

France were so much better in attack, Denmark were lucky that Schmeichel had a good game.

HVC

Someone must have greased the pitch before the game. Everyone keeps slipping.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on November 26, 2022, 01:25:01 PM

France were so much better in attack, Denmark were lucky that Schmeichel had a good game.

First half was all French not so much in the second, with the equaliser coming quickly.

Danes scored a goal on their first shot on target. The Danish attack was good but they did not attack that much, yet they suffered a goal in the middle of of their relative dominance phase.
I guess their game vs Tunisia is where their attack failed.

Duque de Bragança

Nice save by the Argentine goalkeeper, on a free kick.

ARG-MEX Game mostly boring until now, with lots of fouls.

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 26, 2022, 02:44:21 PM
Quote from: The Larch on November 26, 2022, 01:25:01 PM

First half was all French not so much in the second, with the equaliser coming quickly.

Danes scored a goal on their first shot on target. The Danish attack was good but they did not attack that much, yet they suffered a goal in the middle of of their relative dominance phase.
I guess their game vs Tunisia is where their attack failed.

The Danes created plenty of shots in the 2nd half, yeah, but their finishing was not great. Lloris had to work much less than Schmeichel.

Duque de Bragança

Well, it's over for Mexico.

Second Argentinian goal by Enzo Fernandez, the first was Messi saving Argentina, again.

Mexico came to defend and offered little in offensive play.
Not that Argentina was was great, but they were better.

Mexico not making it to the Round of 16 would be a first, I believe, at least in a very long time.

Duque de Bragança

Claimed attendance at the ARG-MEX stadium: 88,966
Official stadium capacity: 80,000

:hmm:

A pattern in this Wahhabi Cup

HVC

Mexico winning would have been funnier
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 26, 2022, 03:53:58 PMClaimed attendance at the ARG-MEX stadium: 88,966
Official stadium capacity: 80,000

:hmm:

A pattern in this Wahhabi Cup

They recently announced that stadium capacities were higher than initially advertised. Equally suspicious, but...