News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: The Larch on November 26, 2022, 04:02:21 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 26, 2022, 03:53:58 PMClaimed attendance at the ARG-MEX stadium: 88,966
Official stadium capacity: 80,000

:hmm:

A pattern in this Wahhabi Cup

They recently announced that stadium capacities were higher than initially advertised. Equally suspicious, but...

Weren't they saying they expected something  like 10% of capacity for media, which is way off. Which as an excuse seems odd.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Costa Rica on track to beat Japan.
Wacky results galore.
Shame Japan couldn't follow up on the Germany result. Maybe they're one of those teams that only perform when they're the underdog? Fingers crossed for the Spain game.
██████
██████
██████

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: HVC on November 26, 2022, 03:58:18 PMMexico winning would have been funnier

It's not as if they really tried.

HVC

Belgians are playing like another typemof number 2

*Edit goal.

*edit 2 weird goal reversed.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on November 27, 2022, 08:39:57 AM
Quote from: HVC on November 26, 2022, 03:58:18 PMMexico winning would have been funnier

It's not as if they really tried.

True. I was looking for Mexicans and got Mexican'ts

Duque de Bragança

Over for Belgium with Morocco scoring the second goal in stoppage time.

2-0

Deserved victory, disappointing Diables Rouges.

HVC

Canada has to win or they're out. Go Canada!

*edit or I guess tie to keep a slim chance. I'd prefer the win 

Josephus

Yeah, they have to get something out of this match....a win is best.

Also, maybe that 1-0 loss to Belgium doesn't look so promising now.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Where'd they come up with black for the third uniform?

Threviel

I've gotten hold of some Astra beer and some fancy pancy (but horrible) Hamburg spirit. Tonight I think I will cry.

Hopefully Spain will redeem their horrible crimes on football, like Italy in 2006, and I might get a new team to root for.

But I think there will be tears.

Gups

Canada are a really decent side

HVC

Threviel

Yeah, Go Canada! And just there the Croats scored...