News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on August 22, 2022, 05:32:49 AMYes it would be.

Plus, last time Leeds were in the PL back in the day I remember they were despicably brutal. Screw them.

To be clear, I'm bailing on Chelsea.  Sorry bud.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 22, 2022, 04:04:39 PMHahahaha

United vibes their way to a home win over an injury-ridden tired Liverpool side

woot!

Josephus

Quote from: Josquius on August 22, 2022, 03:19:20 PMWell shit. What's going on with Liverpool? :blink:

As I said in this post in late May...and apparently even earlier. This isn't new.

Quote from: Josephus on May 29, 2022, 10:49:31 AMAs I've said before Liverpool have struggled offensively the past couple months. Salah, especially.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zoupa

Huh Salah got the golden boot.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

alfred russel

with the dollar worth more than the euro should this thread be retitled "Soccer (football) thread"?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

Quote from: alfred russel on August 24, 2022, 01:51:17 PMwith the dollar worth more than the euro should this thread be retitled "Soccer (football) thread"?
Be thankful the silly public school nickname even gets a mention.
██████
██████
██████

Zoupa

Champion's League group draws. Tottenham-Frankfurt-Sporting Lisbon-Marseille.  :showoff:

celedhring

FunkMonk

Quote from: Zoupa on August 25, 2022, 12:47:58 PMChampion's League group draws. Tottenham-Frankfurt-Sporting Lisbon-Marseille.  :showoff:

Absolutely massive corruption by Spurs. Outrageous. Need an FBI investigation like when they got Sepp.

And you have teams like *checks notes* Maccabi Haifa playing in UCL. Laughable.

Meanwhile the Greatest Team in the World is currently top of the PL and has to slum it out in Europa again. It's unacceptable. Bring back the Super League.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zoupa on August 25, 2022, 12:47:58 PMChampion's League group draws. Tottenham-Frankfurt-Sporting Lisbon-Marseille.  :showoff:

Before clandestino rants, that's Sporting CP (Club Portugal). Lisboete bourgeoise is very much into navel-gazing.  :P

Good draw for Sporting I guess, better than what Benfica got : Juventus, PSG, Benfica, Maccabi Haifa.

Porto being in pot 1 got Atlético Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen (how is the Bundesliga when it's not Bayer or Dortmund ?) and Club Bruges.

Duque de Bragança

Draw for all the groups:

Grupo A: Ajax, Liverpool, Nápoles e Rangers

Grupo B: FC Porto, Atlético de Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen e Club Brugge

Grupo C: Bayern, Barcelona, Inter e Viktoria Plzen

Grupo D: Eintracht Francoforte, Tottenham, Sporting CP e Marselha

Grupo E: Milão AC, Chelsea, Salzburgo e Dínamo Zagreb

Grupo F: Real Madrid, Lípsia, Shakhtar Donetsk e Celtic

Grupo G: Manchester City, Sevilha, Borussia Dortmund e Copenhaga

Grupo H: PSG, Juventus, Benfica e Maccabi Haifa

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Josephus

There's a new show on a cable channel I only get cause it's part of a package, FX. It has a new show, a docu series that's part Sunderland Till I Die, part Ted Lasso. It's called Welcome to Wrexham about the 2020 takeover of said club by a couple Hollywood types. Saw first two episodes. Looks interesting.
Civis Romanus Sum

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on August 25, 2022, 08:50:18 PMThere's a new show on a cable channel I only get cause it's part of a package, FX. It has a new show, a docu series that's part Sunderland Till I Die, part Ted Lasso. It's called Welcome to Wrexham about the 2020 takeover of said club by a couple Hollywood types. Saw first two episodes. Looks interesting.

I've heard of that, it's on my to watch list.

Also recommended to seek out is class of 92 out of their league, about Salford FC, previously non league but bought by big name Man Utd players of the 90s. Since the show they have made their way to the football league.
Pretty interesting I thought for an insight into this lesser known side of football.
██████
██████
██████