And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Agelastus

I thought it might be a bad season for Manchester United when their manager started laying out his excuses for the Board before the Season started...but now I am wondering if it might be even worse for them than mid-table mediocrity this season!

[Brentford 4, Manchester United 0 at Half-Time.]
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

FunkMonk

Josquius

I can only imagine halftime in the Brentford dressing room.
A bunch of guys all just sitting around in stunned silence.
"Did that just...."
"...so......"
".....what do we do now?"
"This is a joke right?"
██████
██████
██████

HVC

After seeing those goals I can only imagine the goalie bet some good money on that game.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

FunkMonk

Part of me sympathizes with United because not too long ago Arsenal were in a similar position.

But that's a very small part. 99.9999 percent of me is absolutely loving the disintegration of their club  :lol:

Jacob

Eriksen thought moving from Brentford to United was a step up....

Sheilbh

Saw a clip of Ten Hag's press conference and he looked like rattled United manager about to get fired. It's only been two games :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Manchester United is where players and coaches go to learn the true depths of depression and dread in a mad, mad, mad world.

De Jong saw it from miles away and did well to refuse a move.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 14, 2022, 04:46:28 AMSaw a clip of Ten Hag's press conference and he looked like rattled United manager about to get fired. It's only been two games :ph34r:

Liverpool next   :lol:

Zoupa

Tottenham did not deserve a tie, but it was worth it just to see Tuchel and Havertz lose their mind.

I thought the Huns were supposed to be all calm and shit.  :lol:

FunkMonk

That was shocking officiating in the Chelsea-Spurs match but also very, very funny  :lol:

Josquius

Sunderland's first season back in the championship looks to be starting reasonably well.

Pre season nobody had a clue, it was a complete toss up how it would go. Lots of fears that it would be like the last championship season, a total disaster.
As it is... 2 draws and a win. Doing pretty OK.
Have a kid named Simm on loan from Everton who is very good, too good in fact, Everton will probably want him back in January.

This weekends game though...Ugh. It was against QPR. A team where I can honestly say every single fan I've met is a cunt (all 2 of them). It was looking good. Set for a win...then deep in injury time they get a corner and their keeper does the typical thing of running up to join the attack- and the bugger only goes and scores. :bleeding:
I've not seen the like for eons.

We never expected a title challenge was on the cards this year. A season to finally consolidate and build was the plan. Maybe a cheeky crack at the playoffs if we're lucky. And luck is where a lot will depend- the first team are really playing like one of the best in the league...But you just need to get to the subs bench and the quality drops off. There's zero depth. Sunderland are at the will of the god of injuries.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 14, 2022, 01:06:08 PMThat was shocking officiating in the Chelsea-Spurs match but also very, very funny  :lol:

infuriating. Not giving the foul against Havertz then letting the resulting offside goal in.

But, I am still happy after the match. I was worried we'd be looking much like how ManUnited are looking with most of the defence leaving and the bottomless money pit of Russian oligarch money gone.

But it is looking pretty good so far. We won't be champions but it seems we'll be able to do a decent season and a CL spot should be a realistic goal.

Sheilbh

Sorry Jos, but I absolutely love it when a keeper scores (especially if it's not a freak goal kick) :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!