News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2022, 08:56:25 PMPoor Elon can't do shit without moving international markets.

"Poor" and "Elon" is an oxymoron, no?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

So the Casemiro to United ended up being a proper transfer rather than another pointless pursuit like de Jong's...

FunkMonk

https://twitter.com/Pontifex/status/1520712131162906627

QuoteWhen our nets are empty in life, it is not the time to feel sorry for ourselves, to have fun, to return to old pastimes. It is the time to start again with Gabriel Jesus, to find the courage to begin again, to set out with him. #GospelOfTheDay (Jn 21:1-19)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 18, 2022, 12:08:53 AMSure.  In for a penny, in for a pound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcEHvKw81vA

Man U stock jumped after Elon's joke.  1:30 mark.

Just FYI, if you're looking for Americans in the PL to support, support Leeds. The only American manager in the league and two of the best young Americans starting every game for them.

And they just destroyed Chelsea 3-0 lol

Sheilbh

Yes. But I will not accept another season of Leeds being likeable <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 21, 2022, 09:46:32 AMYes. But I will not accept another season of Leeds being likeable <_<
:lol:

FunkMonk

Arsenal after first 3 games last season:
3 losses, no goals scored, 20th place

Arsenal after first 3 games this season:
3 wins, 9 goals scored, 1st place

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 21, 2022, 09:46:32 AMYes. But I will not accept another season of Leeds being likeable <_<
I can't say I like them... But Leeds need to be a Premier league team. They're one of the "way it's meant to be" top leaguers.

Which got me thinking, there's kids growing up these days who have this idea about the likes of Brighton and burnley :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 21, 2022, 08:59:46 AMJust FYI, if you're looking for Americans in the PL to support, support Leeds. The only American manager in the league and two of the best young Americans starting every game for them.

Would feel disloyal.

Aaronson and who?

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2022, 10:54:22 PMWould feel disloyal.

Yes it would be.

Plus, last time Leeds were in the PL back in the day I remember they were despicably brutal. Screw them.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 21, 2022, 10:54:22 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on August 21, 2022, 08:59:46 AMJust FYI, if you're looking for Americans in the PL to support, support Leeds. The only American manager in the league and two of the best young Americans starting every game for them.

Would feel disloyal.

Aaronson and who?

Tyler Adams. Midfielder but can also play fullback. Both are fixtures in the US national team now.

And the Manager is Jesse Marsch of Racine, Wisconsin. He had a successful stint as Manager at RB Salzburg but failed at RB Leipzig. He came to Leeds last season to replace the legendary Marcelo Bielsa.

Honestly, Pulisic should just go to Leeds. Put all the Americans in Leeds United States of America.

Josquius

Well shit. What's going on with Liverpool? :blink:
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Hahahaha

United vibes their way to a home win over an injury-ridden tired Liverpool side

FunkMonk

Quote from: Josquius on August 22, 2022, 03:19:20 PMWell shit. What's going on with Liverpool? :blink:

They're reaching the end of their cycle. Old and injury-prone players. The end of an empire. Sadio Mane was smart to leave.

They got a league title and champions league but I think they think they could have had more. Oh well.

They'll be ok this season but I think they'll be fighting for Top 4 rather than going toe-to-toe with City